What's new

Micromatic Monday

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That is a beautiful razor and case. The case comes in several colors but I don't remember seeing that color before, congratulations. Look forward to hearing how you like the shave.
Have you looked over info on the proper shaving angle for these razors?

We will miss you @Flintstone65

The colorful cases are one of the attractions of the Micromatics for me. I've picked up several, both in the clamshell as posted and the squared off design. Somewhere, perhaps earlier in this thread, someone had a name for the Art Deco clamshell ones .. I've seen yellow, green, and a brownish maroon in the rounded styles ..

IMG_9327.JPG

There are some similar cases for British EverReady 1912's

The colorful cases are one of the attractions of the Micromatics for me. I've picked up several, both in the clamshell as posted and the squared off design. Somewhere, perhaps earlier in this thread, someone had a name for the Art Deco clamshell ones .. I've seen yellow, green, and a brownish maroon in the rounded styles ..

View attachment 999151
There are some similar cases for British EverReady 1912's
ASR referred to these as Streamline or Streamlined cases. They were introduced in fall 1937 and was the standard set into 1939.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:

garyg

ASR referred to these as Streamline or Streamlined cases. They were introduced in fall 1937.

proxy.php

Always think of Streamline as another razor .. white cased, thanks

this one, but there was also a version sans stropper, shaped ala streamlined above ..

IMG_6312.JPG
IMG_6312.JPG

Last edited:
That is a beautiful razor and case. The case comes in several colors but I don't remember seeing that color before, congratulations. Look forward to hearing how you like the shave.
Have you looked over info on the proper shaving angle for these razors?
Thanks!, it is a pretty attractive and clever case. I like the art deco design and the new/used blade banks are a handy feature.
I have a good amount of experience shaving with different DEs, but this is a different animal entirely. I'll have dig in and do a little research on shave angle before the first trial. I ran it over my face empty and I think that shaving my moustache will be my first hurdle.

The colorful cases are one of the attractions of the Micromatics for me.
Nice collection! I wondering if the case is make of bakelite?

ASR referred to these as Streamline or Streamlined cases. They were introduced in fall 1937 and was the standard set into 1939.
So would that place this razor between, 37-39? I was wondering about that. It certainly doesn't look 80 years old!

garyg

I am not sure they are bakelite or plastic, but I still shave with the razors, I've found Open Comb MM in those cases, as well as the later models. Still 80 ish

Nice collection! I wondering if the case is make of bakelite?

The Streamlined cases (and the earlier hard cases introduced in 35) were referred to as marbelite, which I believe is the same. The simple two blade case which followed in 39 was referred to as Bakelite in advertising.

proxy.php

Last edited:
You were paying for blades. The standard set went down again to 29 cents in 1929 with the simple marbelite case with just two blades (as ASR had done in 1934 with the 25 cent NRA set).

That would be 1939 of course not 1929.

Top Bottom