What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Here's a couple I've recently found. The first one I picked up about a week ago.

A Damascene.
20190701_191021.jpg

The next two I picked up today.

A French Kabrand.
20190706_233408.jpg

And a Robeson Shur Edge #35102
20190706_232255.jpg

32s in decent condition
View attachment 996870
You're wrong,:eek2: that razor is in good condition. I'm glad for, and impressed by, the pictures I've seen. Imagine a seven day set of 32's in tortoise and in good condition too! I never expected to see such a thing. I am also happy that I didn't see them for sale. It would have me a little sad to have to pass on them, not saying that they price wasn't attractive. I am very happy for you and I congratulate you to a catch of a lifetime!:001_smile

It also stopped the guilt i felt about the NOS Dorko I won in an auction two days ago, for a very good price (well everything is relative:em16:).

Take good care of your new treasure and once again congratulations!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Another Japanese razor in headed my way. This and others still in transit will make seven good Japanese blades (and one very wonky one which was a freebie). Good ones to me means good shaving blades.

Aiku 65O. Japanese razor. Vendor's photo.jpg

I didn't really expect to win this auction, but I did.

Aiku. Grind. Vendor's photo..jpg

It looks like a heavy grind (unusual for me), but I know this vendor has put a great edge on it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Friodur 72 1/2 this was part of a lot that I won of off the Bay. I have posted the Filarmonica and this 72 1/2. I will post the other 4 when I get pictures. Cheers!
20190707_184844.jpg

Another Japanese razor in headed my way. This and others still in transit will make seven good Japanese blades (and one very wonky one which was a freebie). Good ones to me means good shaving blades.

View attachment 997211

I didn't really expect to win this auction, but I did.

View attachment 997212

It looks like a heavy grind (unusual for me), but I know this vendor has put a great edge on it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Congrats

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Finally got a Boker - Red Injun 101 RP. Had to rehone it of course, despite being 'shave ready.' I tried to shave with it before the rehone and made it through part of my cheek. No way was it shave ready. After my usual synth progression, I put it on my new Thuringian and will give it a go tomorrow.

Finally got a Boker - Red Injun 101 RP. Had to rehone it of course, despite being 'shave ready.' I tried to shave with it before the rehone and made it through part of my cheek. No way was it shave ready. After my usual synth progression, I put it on my new Thuringian and will give it a go tomorrow.
A fine specimen of a Böker that I unfortunately never had had the opportunity to try.

539AD6ED-6808-4945-ACD6-0EA9105A28AC.jpeg

On its way from Finland..a 6/8 Boker Celebrated w/Curly Birch scales to keep its brother (same razor with Wenge scales pictured earlier) company. The blades do need work out of the box but hone up nicely.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Catching up with The Drool Thread is always fun. I'm all caught up, and drooling.

Two more Japanese razors have arrived.

Spalding (Tanifuji).Red.640.7-11-19.JPG

This is a nice Spalding (made by Tanifuji). It's supposed to be shave ready (and might be). It's my third razor made by Tanifuji; nice little collection I have now, and they're all great.

H.Diamond.From-Corey.640.7-11-19..JPG

Here's my first and only H. Diamond. I know the edge is a great one because of who the vendor is. This one wasn't cheap by my standards, but it may have been a bargain. Boy, do I like it or what!

I'm sure you noticed it's shoulder-less.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom