What's new

Gillette Tech Ball-End With Gold Top Razor

I would appreciate any help with information on a Gillette Tech black handle, ball-end razor with gold top. I have a number of Techs in my collection, but none with this combination. There isn't a date code on the razor. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Vintage Safety Razor Collection - Joe Haupt
Vintage Gillette Tech Razor With Original Box.JPG

R

romsitsa

It’s most likely matching, made around 1946-47. A few black/gold contract Techs showed up in this cardboard box, iirc both with pre and post war bases. Your razor is technically not NOS, the cardboard divider is missing (at least it’s not in the picture).

Adam

It’s most likely matching, made around 1946-47. A few black/gold contract Techs showed up in this cardboard box, iirc both with pre and post war bases. Your razor is technically not NOS, the cardboard divider is missing (at least it’s not in the picture).

Adam
Adam - Thanks for the information. I've accumulated a few razors over the years, and I'm trying to make sure I've correctly identified them all. I've taken photos of all of the razors and posted them on Flickr.com. Here is a link to the collection. Vintage Safety Razor Collection - Joe Haupt

Top Bottom