What's new

Каро (Karo) Bulgarian shave cream review

Kapo came today. Tomorrow the test. Really like the scent.

Definitely let us know how you find it! For me, it's quite good, and fantastic for the price!
I also like the scent, kind of a sweet scent, but very faint. Personally I wouldn't mind it being stronger, but it's nice nonetheless.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Very good. I was impressed with the residual slickness enabling touch up after rinsing the soap off. Thanks for the recommendation.

Steve

Very good. I was impressed with the residual slickness enabling touch up after rinsing the soap off. Thanks for the recommendation.

Steve

Glad you liked it, and that my review didn't let you down! I agree, the slickness was definitely the best aspect of this cream.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad you liked it, and that my review didn't let you down! I agree, the slickness was definitely the best aspect of this cream.
I’m really getting into this cream. Contacted a buddy in Bulgaria to send a few along with some Viking. Also finding badger works better with creams than boar. I’m on a mission of discovery now - preferring cream over hard soaps.

I’m really getting into this cream. Contacted a buddy in Bulgaria to send a few along with some Viking. Also finding badger works better with creams than boar. I’m on a mission of discovery now - preferring cream over hard soaps.
Glad it work for you! I also generally only use my boar with soaps, but not because it doesn't make a good lather with creams, but because it's such a lather hug that I feel I use a quarter of a tube of cream when using the boar. xD

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad it work for you! I also generally only use my boar with soaps, but not because it doesn't make a good lather with creams, but because it's such a lather hug that I feel I use a quarter of a tube of cream when using the boar. xD
I’m finding the same. Bidding on a good silvertip now.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve got to tell you, I’ve become an addict for this shave cream. I’ve never had anything like it and have found only one source for it - a Bulgarian fellow on eBay. I’m going to contact him to see if I can get a reasonable price for six tubes. I understand it is only $1.30 US there so there must be a bit of wiggle room.

I’ve got to tell you, I’ve become an addict for this shave cream. I’ve never had anything like it and have found only one source for it - a Bulgarian fellow on eBay. I’m going to contact him to see if I can get a reasonable price for six tubes. I understand it is only $1.30 US there so there must be a bit of wiggle room.

I'm fairly sure I get my supply from the same guy. I also got a second tube relatively recently because even though I've got plenty in my first tube, I can tell it's something I would restock when I run out, so I figured I'd get it while I can easily find it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm fairly sure I get my supply from the same guy. I also got a second tube relatively recently because even though I've got plenty in my first tube, I can tell it's something I would restock when I run out, so I figured I'd get it while I can easily find it.
There is another seller selling cheaper. Works out to about $5 with shipping. Just ordered four more.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
E1AC0360-3ED7-40CB-8AAD-974FD5B93CAC.jpeg

Today, I bought Menthol and Classic Karo (100 ml) in Yerevan, Armenia for $1.30 a tube. Will try out in a couple of days.
This cream used to be one of imported ones in former Soviet Union. My favorite at the time (mid 1970s) was German (DDR) "Florena". I do not think that brand stil exists. ((

Today, I bought Menthol and Classic Karo (100 ml) in Yerevan, Armenia for $1.30 a tube. Will try out in a couple of days.
This cream used to be one of imported ones in former Soviet Union. My favorite at the time (mid 1970s) was German (DDR) "Florena". I do not think that brand stil exists. ((
I love both the scent and performance of Karo Classic.

Florena is still going strong, quality stuff. The brand has been wholely owned by Beiersdorf since 2002.
1708263733205.png

Have used thousands of Karo tubes. Need I say more.

Unlike @Big Rick my favourite of the 3 is the Fresh, as it gives me the best protection. I must say though it has been reformulated twice since he tried it a few years ago.
The blue (sensitive) gives me irritation.

Top Bottom