What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Love

I recently used it two weeks straight: when the puck has the right hydration level, it's just a superlative soap.

Being, well, unscented, I learned something interesting: I don't get bored of an unscented soap ... super protective, super slick; has made (scary) Techmatic shaves with (dodgy) 50-year old blades a smooth, boring damage-free routine.

AA
Welcome to the FAT! Holy Grail Brother

I think the hydration of the puck is the key to a good lather. I used it every day , hard water, no problems
I did get impatient waiting to reach the end as I wanted to try heavy scents. However, now that scents are hopeless due to my poor sense of smell, I think I will try MWF again.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This will help you understand why MWF helps you see the light click here

It actually IS a religious experience ... understanding the puck is not easy. It requires dedication. You must ONLY use MWF for a long period of time, tending the puck, hydrating it, flipping it, etc.

After a while, it goes away. This is a Zen thing. As with calligraphy, archery or shaving - all Zen practices - form is all that matters. Substance is ethereal. The fact that it is unscented helps. A strong scent would prevent it from vanishing.

AA

It actually IS a religious experience ... understanding the puck is not easy. It requires dedication. You must ONLY use MWF for a long period of time, tending the puck, hydrating it, flipping it, etc.

After a while, it goes away. This is a Zen thing. As with calligraphy, archery or shaving - all Zen practices - form is all that matters. Substance is ethereal. The fact that it is unscented helps. A strong scent would prevent it from vanishing.

AA
That video brings back memories. WOW!!

I think the hydration of the puck is the key to a good lather. I used it every day , hard water, no problems
I did get impatient waiting to reach the end as I wanted to try heavy scents. However, now that scents are hopeless due to my poor sense of smell, I think I will try MWF again.
Do you have the ceramic bowl that goes with the MWF?

I like this soap, with a softer silvertip brush having a softer damp soft is easier to generate the base., otherwise I would prefer a slightly stiffer knot. In other all cases, you can make a good lather.

My last use was two days ago with a vulpix super badger. It was not rock dry hard and before I stepped into the shower, I added so me hot water on top.

Do you have the ceramic bowl that goes with the MWF?
I have MWF in the bowl. Enjoy it a lot. I haven't used it for months but I'm using it tomorrow. I'll let the puck blume while in the shower and I should be good to go. May waste the first lather and use the second. The puck is cracked due to less use but in the past has bounced right back. If you use it a couple times a week it's a nice easy lather at least for me. Once it sits for a month or 2 it gets finicky for a lather or 2. It likes to me moist and used regularly. It's always given me a great shave.

AA
I don’t used the MWF ceramic dish to keep the soap hydrated for months, I used an airtight plastic tub container.

I build my lather inside the airtight container and I NEVER rinse out the lather after used throughout my shaves, I leave the used lather soap inside the airtight container to keep the MWF moist and hydrated and it’s never dries out inside an airtight container. Because the lather soaks up the whole puck to keep it moist and hydrated.

See pictures below and why I loved MWF.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
homer drool.gif

Mmmm... MWF

It's up on my current rotation which is fantastic. The first couple lathers after letting it sit in the cabinet for a few weeks are generally a bit finicky, but after that it's superb.

this may be my new favourite. Either this or tabac. I received the kent version of mwf in the mail today. I lathered it up and it almost swallowed up my silvertip brush. I honestly didn't find it all that hard to lather. Let the puck soak in a bit if water and used a damp, but not sopping wet silvertip brush. Added dops of water to thhe bowl and it exploded. The below pic is after I lathered up 3 times. It was a thirsty brew which I like!! On my sensitive skin 2 passes with a karve oc B and one with a straight yielded 0 razor burn. Great, great soap! I so prefer the hard pucks personally.

View attachment 976776
Very nice lather my friend.

this may be my new favourite. Either this or tabac. I received the kent version of mwf in the mail today. I lathered it up and it almost swallowed up my silvertip brush. I honestly didn't find it all that hard to lather. Let the puck soak in a bit if water and used a damp, but not sopping wet silvertip brush. Added dops of water to thhe bowl and it exploded. The below pic is after I lathered up 3 times. It was a thirsty brew which I like!! On my sensitive skin 2 passes with a karve oc B and one with a straight yielded 0 razor burn. Great, great soap! I so prefer the hard pucks personally.
Is the ceramic bowl worth it?
View attachment 976776

Top Bottom