What's new

Gold Flair Tip Super Speed

Hoping for a diamond in the ruff. Based on the pics it looks to be in good shape plating wise only covered in thick soap (I hope). Mechanically I'm rolling the dice. Not alot of info on this model only found 2 references at Mr Razor - suspect this is a 1957. Arrives Tuesday.
777396826114919kbwn.jpg

Great find. From here it looks like it will clean up nicely. That handle may take some work but the plating looks good IMO.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If it were mine, I’d hit it with a quick 2 minute soak in Scrubbing Bubbles, followed by a gentle toothbrush/hot water/Dawn bath. It will gleam!!

Hoping for a diamond in the ruff. Based on the pics it looks to be in good shape plating wise only covered in thick soap (I hope). Mechanically I'm rolling the dice. Not alot of info on this model only found 2 references at Mr Razor - suspect this is a 1957. Arrives Tuesday.
View attachment 997058

Update. Received razor late yesterday. Not Gold but just a regular 57 (C-4) FT Super Speed. I guess the back light caused the picture color to be skewed. On the bright side the razor cleaned up quite nicely.

Update. Received razor late yesterday. Not Gold but just a regular 57 (C-4) FT Super Speed. I guess the back light caused the picture color to be skewed. On the bright side the razor cleaned up quite nicely.
Man that’s too bad...dangerously close to product misrepresentation imo. I would probably say something.

Seen similar with pocket watch cases. Various nickel, silver, faux silver, and several grades and colors of gold. Depending on your feelings about what you paid, maybe mentioning what I see as a legitimate beef to the seller. You might get back a few dollars ei shipping.
I strongly agree with "Iloverootbeer, Man that’s too bad...dangerously close to product misrepresentation imo. I would probably say something.

Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for. I was hoping it was going to be gold & was anxious to see what it looked like after you hot it cleaned up.

View attachment 997058
Also sorry your hopes were dashed mate.
I was going to say maybe a replated one but then read your thread
you can always clean her up and flip it

Also sorry your hopes were dashed mate.
I was going to say maybe a replated one but then read your thread
you can always clean her up and flip it
Seen similar with pocket watch cases. Various nickel, silver, faux silver, and several grades and colors of gold. Depending on your feelings about what you paid, maybe mentioning what I see as a legitimate beef to the seller. You might get back a few dollars ei shipping.
I strongly agree with "Iloverootbeer, Man that’s too bad...dangerously close to product misrepresentation imo. I would probably say something.

The truth is there was no mention that it was gold it just looked that way. I got it real cheap via a thrift store site so not out that much. It cleaned up real nice and is in excellent condition. I rolled the dice and came up short (this time).

Man that’s too bad...dangerously close to product misrepresentation imo. I would probably say something.

It was basically listed as a dirty razor with only a few pics. I just took a chance with a min bid and ended up with it as there were no other bidders. The nickel razor ended up being in excellent condition and after a good cleaning with S-Bubbles, Dawn and hot water cleaned up quite nicely.

It was basically listed as a dirty razor with only a few pics. I just took a chance with a min bid and ended up with it as there were no other bidders. The nickel razor ended up being in excellent condition and after a good cleaning with S-Bubbles, Dawn and hot water cleaned up quite nicely.
As long as you're happy with it!

Top Bottom