What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

This razor arrived at dinner time today J.R Torrey 210, USA 5/8th

20190622_144621.jpg
20190622_144642.jpg

Now it goes on the workbench to be stripped down a bloody good cleaning, scales sanded and polish and blade done at the same time sanded. Then I might give it a mirror shine and put it like it was when new, or I could leave it as is and call it a beat up razor....

Just kidding as if I would

Update on the J.R Torrey 210, USA 5/8th
This is how it is now I'm calling it a day on this one, it has some slight pitting on the blade but I'm happy to leave some giving the age anyhow here it is

15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

Now onto the next one on my hit list restoring my Gold Bug S.R Droescher Inc,

This is how it arrived here with me.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Scales are warped so it's going to get clear yellow with a white wedge,

After polishing the blade, its now ready to have the tang put back to gold that's getting done tomorrow morning. Then I will make the new scales and be finished tomorrow night, but here is the blade sanded and polished to a high shine.

20190706_204637.jpg
20190706_204700.jpg

Last edited:
Gday all,

Been a long time!!! What’s on my work bench? Well left over projects of course.

I have a fredr bohmann and sohne from 1930 that is getting new scales made
proxy.php
in the process of staining. Believe me they will look better then that dodger photo. Picked this one up from Larry at whipped dog a few years ago.

Next contestant is a no namer that I’m making some red translucent scales for.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I have a Thiers Issard that was all done and then I dropped it and chipped the edge of the blade [emoji2357]
proxy.php
so hopefully I will be able to fix it or someone else can but the scales were done by hand.

Then I have this mixed bunch that I want to sort out. A Thomas turner, a Dixie mfc or mfg honestly didn’t look too hard at it and some other bits and bobs
proxy.php
proxy.php

So I’d say I’ll be a busy boy for a while.

Oh by the way, Ian rocks. A master craftsman.

So here is an update. I got the no namer all scaled up. Need to mushroom the pins a bit more and buff the whole thing down one last time but we are 95% there.
proxy.php

So here is an update. I got the no namer all scaled up. Need to mushroom the pins a bit more and buff the whole thing down one last time but we are 95% there.
proxy.php

Dan05....
Love the colour of the red scales they seem to make any blade pop, but you have a nice choice of blades to restore mate.
They all will look fantastic when finished...:punk::punk::punk::punk:

Now onto the next one on my hit list restoring my Gold Bug S.R Droescher Inc,

This is how it arrived here with me.

View attachment 996868 View attachment 996869

Scales are warped so it's going to get clear yellow with a white wedge,

After polishing the blade, its now ready to have the tang put back to gold that's getting done tomorrow morning. Then I will make the new scales and be finished tomorrow night, but here is the blade sanded and polished to a high shine.

View attachment 996871 View attachment 996872

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sometimes, I get away from razors to play with other sharp things.
For a change of pace, I made a custom handle for this Camillus USN Mk II. The materials are G-Wood with a slab of G-10 in the center; hidden tang, epoxy seal runs up through the guard, pins are 1/4" brass.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom