What's new

Another Rotten wood Handle on the lathe

...I have some curly crotch grain coming up soon that will probably look nice . I have found some nice bowl blanks too.

Awesome! The crotches tend to be where you get the really nice figure due to the stress in that area. Rick (Woodturning Arts on Youtube) has made some beautiful bowls from crotch pieces of black walnut. Check out his vids if you haven’t already.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Awesome! The crotches tend to be where you get the really nice figure due to the stress in that area. Rick (Woodturning Arts on Youtube) has made some beautiful bowls from crotch pieces of black walnut. Check out his vids if you haven’t already.
Will be looking at those tomorrow, thanks.

FarmerTan

You won't find to many like Chris ,
I would consider him a friend of mine and I have never met the Man :)
You are correct. There are more than just me here on B&B that should emulate him. You have good taste in friends!

Y'all are too nice. If any of you find yourself in the capital district area of NY, stop on by.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

Y'all are too nice. If any of you find yourself in the capital district area of NY, stop on by.

As in Albany? I'm kinda bad at geography now, but when I was a kid I was a freak at it.

FarmerTan

Yeah, just north of Albany. At least for a few more years.

I've lived in this homestead my entire life, but I'm THINKing that I would enjoy shorter winters. But leaving friends, my neighborhood, my church, my mom....difficult.

FarmerTan

My friends and neighbours wish I would leave. :scared:
I am so blessed to live here. We all have each others back. Keep an eye on each others place while on vacation. My son is an only child and calls the neighbors his grandparents.

I've lived in this homestead my entire life, but I'm THINKing that I would enjoy shorter winters. But leaving friends, my neighborhood, my church, my mom....difficult.
I have an incredible church here and great neighbors. I don't mind the cold, although it is tough when it dips into negative temps. It is the high cost of living that makes it difficult to stay.

FarmerTan

Usually chicken and lots of veggies. [emoji57]

I had chicken after church but it was from Taco Bell! I'm old. I would rather have had one of our meat birds from the freezer, lol.

One of my issues with moving is living by someone else's rules, ie, HOA. I have friends that live with that, but I can't imagine a neighborhood where if the grass gets long you already know that the guy is in the hospital, and I need to get off my lazy carcass and mow it for him, not call the HOA and complain! Now, you kids! Off my lawn!

Top Bottom