What's new

More Yaqis, first impressions and reviews to follow.

The recent sale though not as heavily discounted as before gave me an excuse to add a few more brushes to my humble collection lol.

From left to right and top to bottom:
Heavy Metal long handle Silvertip
Aqua High Mountain Silvertip
Black Acrylic "barber tool" Silvertip

Heavy Metal long handle 2 band
Heavy Metal short handle 2 band

Rainbow synthetic
Black Tuxedo synthetic (cosmetic defect)
Sangrada Familia synthetic

IMG_20190705_214123.jpg

Yaqi engineers don't seem to understand what over engineering means cos, I have yet to find brushes that are as bulletproof as these guys.

So on to my first impressions :)

Heavy Metal long handle Silvertip
This monster of a brush is a solid aluminium handle with a 24mm/52mm Silvertip bulb knot and like the short metal handle Silvertip I review before has a rather unique knot.
IMHO the Heavy Metal series have the perfect blend for a knot with just the right density and splay. It's my favourite knots.
It's a seriously heavy brush at 153g best suited to guys with bigger mits or someone who wants a workout as they lather. Popeye forearm here I come lol.

Aqua High Mountain Silvertip
This has the highest quality Silvertip and absolutely feels like a cloud of pure luxury. The white and clear aqua blue handle is possibly the most ergonomic and beautiful.
This is the epitomy of Silvertip luxury and so special I'll want to keep it for those occasions where I need something super.

Black Acrylic "barber tool" Silvertip
This is a very classic handle and has a 21mm/52mm knot. It's a really stylish design with a heavy metal base.
Yaqi states this as having a zinc alloy base but this can't be zamak cos it weights in at a hefty 128g.
You can feel the microscopic machining marks that's the hallmark of a lathe so whatever metal and make up this brush is, you know it's going to be high quality. I still think it could be stainless steel.

Heavy Metal long handle 2 band & Heavy Metal short handle 2 band
To me these 2 bands represent the best value of money and quality. A solid aluminium handle and a really nice knot.
Slightly skitrchy, medium high density 24mm/52mm knot. The 93g Heavy Metal short handle is my favourite brush. I get a wonderful exfoliating scrub, a super easy to lather brush and its not floppy at all, perfect!

Rainbow synthetic
A 26mm/55mm brown synthetic knot on this large handle makes this the largest synthetic brush I have.
I can't tell you how pretty this brush is and how nice the quality is until you have it in your hands.
It has the same synthetic hairs as my Brown Ferrari but in a bigger knot.
It might be a tab too big for me but the rainbow colours really put a smile on my face when I'm thinking of lathering with this big guy.

Black Tuxedo synthetic (cosmetic defect)
This black marble resin brush was going for a song due to a cosmetic issue. I have been looking at it for around 20 mins and can't find where the defect is.
Whatever it is, I appreciate Yaqi's honesty as I'll never be able to tell lol.
The 24mm Tuxedo knot is just another wonderful synthetic and I can't wait to lather with it.

Sangrada Familia synthetic
Finally I have this unique brush in my hands, its just the perfect size for a travel brush and the synthetic Tuxedo knot can lather with almost any kind of water lol.
I don't know anything about the glue knot issue a but it seems fine to my untrained eye.
The clear yellow resin handle looks really nice and feels great too.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchases. I accidentally took a pic using flash and these handles lit up like led lights :)
IMG_20190705_214049.jpg

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

My daughter has the Yaqi Moka 26mm Silvertip. I've used it several times and am impressed. Not ready to give up my Chubby 2s but the Moka gives them a run for the money. Think she paid 34 bucks for it. I might just order one for myself. Quality brushes! We are both extremely happy with it.

Great Collection and review! Just note that it's "Sagrada" and not "Sangrada", first means "Sacred" the later means "Bled" :001_302:

Cheers

Can you do a full review on the rainbow? i was going to buy it, but i got the Dandelion instead, how soft or stiff is it? How does this knot compare to the mew brown?

Nice collection you got there! I got some Yaqi brushes as well but after a while, they feel very similar to me. It is nice to have them in the den though. I think I'm done with purchasing more Yaqi brushes for now but who knows what they come out with later on...

$3 off for all first time buyers on the Ali Website. Although my purchase showed $10.56 my Visa card was docked $7.56.

Very nice brush collection you just got!
I really like the look of the Aqua High Mountain Silvertip. That clear blue just jumps at me!

I have a Yaqi Silvertip. Great brush at a fantastic price.

My daughter has the Yaqi Moka 26mm Silvertip. I've used it several times and am impressed. Not ready to give up my Chubby 2s but the Moka gives them a run for the money. Think she paid 34 bucks for it. I might just order one for myself. Quality brushes! We are both extremely happy with it.

$3 off for all first time buyers on the Ali Website. Although my purchase showed $10.56 my Visa card was docked $7.56.

Yaqi makes great brushes and you guys are right the prices are excellent for the quality.
Not pictured are the spares I love them so much I got some as spares.

Woah! Nice hoard. You have some shaving to do and have them all break in nicely.

A lot of shaving is going to be an understatement lol.

Great Collection and review! Just note that it's "Sagrada" and not "Sangrada", first means "Sacred" the later means "Bled" :001_302:

Cheers

I blame the spell check on that but thanks lol.
My cousins just came back from Spain and the pictures of the Basilica of the Sacred Family (Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia I hope its spelled right this time) are truly magnificent!
The brush ain't too bad either :)

Can you do a full review on the rainbow? i was going to buy it, but i got the Dandelion instead, how soft or stiff is it? How does this knot compare to the mew brown?

I've tried my friends mew recently and it was so soft it didn't even feel like there was anything there.

Since I prefer denser brushes, the mew is just too soft for me. Just for comparison, the RR Bruce and the black marble timber wolf are almost identical in feel, the rainbow / brown Ferrari have smoother, less skirtchy tips and very similar backbone.
The rainbow has bigger 26mm knot and big enough to lather your face, head and everything else lol.

I'll do a full review but this is a great review.
My New Favorite Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Brown Synthetic

Very nice collection
Very interested to hear more about High Mountain Silvertip, I'm considering it for a while

I'll post mine reviews soon but here's another recent review.
Yaqi 24mm Aqua Badger Brush First Use Review

Nice collection you got there! I got some Yaqi brushes as well but after a while, they feel very similar to me. It is nice to have them in the den though. I think I'm done with purchasing more Yaqi brushes for now but who knows what they come out with later on...

Never say never lol.

Check out this funky looking brush lol.
SG$ 24.78 | Yaqi Target Shot White And Black Synthetic Fibre Shaving Brush
SG$ 24.78 | Yaqi Target Shot White And Black Synthetic Fibre Shaving Brush

Think about adding a 26mm Timber Wolf synth. That's my favourite Yaqi. I have the blue handle, but the metal handle looks nice too.

US $18.0 |Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf Synthetic Hair Tuxedo Knot Shave Brush for Men Shaving-in Shaving Brush from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It's a great handle but only comes in a 24mm knot. From my experiences with both resin n metal handles, the metal versions seem to have a tighter and denser knot. I just love these metal stubbies aa the shape, size and feel is just amazing.

I have Mountain White. A great brush but I love the Yaqi Two Band Mokka a little more.

There's plenty of love to share as they're all wonderful.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I recently bought a Sagrada Famillia and it is absolutely amazing. So good I find myself repeatedly going back to it! My boats are now redundant....

That's great and I found out from Ms Chen that the next sale is on 11.11 can't wait lol.

Very nice brush collection you just got!
I really like the look of the Aqua High Mountain Silvertip. That clear blue just jumps at me!

It's really pretty and I just hope it stays that way cos some plastics turn yellow and cloudy in time so I'm really hoping it stays like new. No direct sunlight and no leaving it in water so it doesn't get cloudy... I want to keep her pretty :)

I ended up buying it from WCS

WCS is great as you can see n touch them before getting em. They even have a PIF table for their customers (thanks Rosseforp for the info). I'll gladly support a business like that!
20190602_151153[1].jpg

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

The blue handle on High Mountain Silvertip calls out loud for my attention but high mountain is perhaps the softest and floppiest of all the yaqi silvertips?
A youtube guy compared around 10-12 yaqi synths and silertips said so.

The blue handle on High Mountain Silvertip calls out loud for my attention but high mountain is perhaps the softest and floppiest of all the yaqi silvertips?
A youtube guy compared around 10-12 yaqi synths and silertips said so.

Hey HereticHermit,

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the softest n floppies of those I have I'm also sure it's the softest but also the most luxurious.

Just go for it and but a silicon band at the base if you wanna tighten it up just a bit.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I recently bought a Sagrada Famillia and it is absolutely amazing. So good I find myself repeatedly going back to it! My boats are now redundant....

Just on feel alone I can tell the syn are really great. I bought 3 initially not knowing how much I'll like em but Nav really loves these guys and I got some advice on which to get.
The brown Ferrari is even better than the Bruce I have which I think is also made by Yaqi lol
The 2 badgers were eye opening as to how good they were!

You should check out the other reviews and see which brush to get come 11.11 :)

Top Bottom