What's new

My Guess... 3017

I concur. @snowman, Please send to me for safekeeping. :whistling:

Wonderful! I didn’t know you offered this service. Rockvipers Unobtanium Soap Storage. R.U.S.S. You could include 3017ing the UFO soap as a value added service. We send you a UFO soap, and you simultaneously store it and 3017 it thus relieving us unfortunate shavers from having to look at our ever growing stockpiles. :)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sparing my fellow shavers the angst over deciding whether they should use their unobtainium soaps or not is the least I can do. :a2:

066E4B15-81FF-418B-A13B-D1C845A63E0D.jpeg

12 head and face shaves later this.

Finally finished RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore. I didn't keep tabs on the start date, but it seemed to last forever. It is a larger 200ml soap.

I am undecided on the next soap. It may even be a cream. Perhaps that DR Harris Twenty Nine that was starting to dry a bit. I added water and stirred it. That brought it back to life.

The scent of Twenty Nine is a rose with a touch of spice. It's a nice scent but I was not feeling it today. I went with Penhaglion Blenhiem Bouquet. The scent of BB is perfect for a hot summer day.

Wish I had tried MW years ago. This mornings shave was excellent and the Irish Traveler scent is wonderful. I'm enjoying this soap a great deal.

Wish I had tried MW years ago. This mornings shave was excellent and the Irish Traveler scent is wonderful. I'm enjoying this soap a great deal.

With the right water MW is hard to beat! However, it's bi-polar. I 3017'd a lime puck and took it on vacation. It was as good as anything at home. On vacation I literally couldn't get it to lather. What little runny lather I got dissipated before I could get a razor to my face. I came back home after vacation and it went back to the beautiful, shiny, slick lather I was used to.

I love their take on GIT as well. I wish they made an aftershave.

On another note, my tube of Pens Blenheim Bouquet appears to be winding down. Maybe another couple of weeks. 5oz of cream is a lot! It's a wonderful classic scent and a good performing cream but I'm going on 4 months or so now and I'm ready for the Palmolive menthol waiting in the wings.

With the right water MW is hard to beat! However, it's bi-polar. I 3017'd a lime puck and took it on vacation. It was as good as anything at home. On vacation I literally couldn't get it to lather. What little runny lather I got dissipated before I could get a razor to my face. I came back home after vacation and it went back to the beautiful, shiny, slick lather I was used to.

I love their take on GIT as well. I wish they made an aftershave.

On another note, my tube of Pens Blenheim Bouquet appears to be winding down. Maybe another couple of weeks. 5oz of cream is a lot! It's a wonderful classic scent and a good performing cream but I'm going on 4 months or so now and I'm ready for the Palmolive menthol waiting in the wings.

Interesting, I have soft water at home and MW lathers like a champ. I have some summer travels coming up where I know the water is very hard, I think I’ll leave the MW at home.

Finished the Palmolive this morning. Easy BBS shaves the whole month. On to a ~60% tub of Provence Sante Green Tea. I haven't used this soap in almost 7 years. Looking forward to seeing how it performs. Surprisingly it did not dry out very much and the scent is still strong.

Finished the Palmolive this morning. Easy BBS shaves the whole month. On to a ~60% tub of Provence Sante Green Tea. I haven't used this soap in almost 7 years. Looking forward to seeing how it performs. Surprisingly it did not dry out very much and the scent is still strong.

[*]Palmolive stick grated in tub 6/30/2019
[*]Antica Barberia Colla ABC hard puck 5/25/2019
[*]Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge 3/9/2019
[*]Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna 12/23/2018
[*]Strop Shoppe Bay Rum 8/25/2018
[*]Mondial Tabacco Verde 4/8/2018
[*]Musgo Real Classic Cream 12/31/2017
[*]DR Harris Almond 10/28/2017
[*]Valobra Shaving Stick 3/20/2017
[*]Savon d barbe (Vetyver) - 11/17/2016
[*]Mystic Water Irish Traveler - 8/13/16
[*]Barrister and Mann Lavanille Shaving Soap 6/18/16
[*]Institut Karité 4/25/16 tub and stick 50/50
[*]RazoRock Son of Zeus 11/6/2015
[*]Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper - Tin - 10/16/2015
[*]Martin de Candre Fourgue - 1 oz sample 4/9/2015
[*]Martin de Candre - 1 oz sample 3/6/2015
[*]L'Occitane Cade 1/29/2015
[*]RazoRock The Freedberg 10/8/2014
[*]Haslinger Ringelblumen (Stick) 7/2/2014
[*]Art of Shaving Lavender (75%, Stick, Tallow) 4/24/2014
[*]La Toja Stick - Travel shave stick 2/7/2014
[*]RazoRock Chianti Lavender (Stick) 2/4/2014
[*]Mystic Water Coconut (85%, Stick) 12/5/2013
[*]Pre de Provence (60%, Stick) 11/2/2013
[*]P160 Tipo Duro (~60 gm stick) 7/24/2013
[*]DR Harris Arlington (Full puck as a Stick) 5/13/2013
[*]Muhle Sea Buckthorn (Stick) 12/2/2012
[*]Provence Sante Green Tea (Stick) 8/6/2012
[*]Gold Dachs Rivivage 5/23/2012
[*]Ralph Lauren Safari 3/14/2012
[*]Mama Bear Dublin Tweed 12/4/2011
[*]Van der Hagen Glycerin 11/2011
[*]Cella 11/2011
[*]Honeybee Clean for Men 6/2011
[*]Honeybee Bay Rum 3/2011
[*]Honeybee Ye Olde Barbershop 1/2011

I’m so close to breaking through the Arlington puck I can almost see the wood bowl. If I hadn’t had a few dalliances, I’d probably be done by now, but there is no denying that DR Harris is very persistent.

@PhilC I think you jinxed me. Todays shave with MW resulted in a thin, airy lather no matter what I tried. Very odd considering the previous lathers were wonderful. I'm chalking it up to operator failure as its been quite some time since I used a shave stick, I'm still dialing in my technique. However, I think I'm seeing shades of the split personality you mentioned.

My GD Dapper Mallard is almost finished. Perhaps a week at most left to it. I have been very impressed with the soap's performance. Very slick shaves.

@PhilC I think you jinxed me. Todays shave with MW resulted in a thin, airy lather no matter what I tried. Very odd considering the previous lathers were wonderful. I'm chalking it up to operator failure as its been quite some time since I used a shave stick, I'm still dialing in my technique. However, I think I'm seeing shades of the split personality you mentioned.

It's picky about water in my experience. Wrong type or too much and you may as well start all over again. Get it right and it's a great soap - especially the post shave.

I’m so close to breaking through the Arlington puck I can almost see the wood bowl. If I hadn’t had a few dalliances, I’d probably be done by now, but there is no denying that DR Harris is very persistent.

Arlington is a favorite. Decent performance and the scent that will always define wet shaving for me.

Top Bottom