What's new

Grooming Dept club

3D4D277B-FD90-4EA5-A081-A8CA1BEF6BD4.jpeg
After trying a few 100 soaps on the market from numerous artisans, I have narrowed it down to a pile of my favorites. Grooming Dept has the best scents and performance. Picking which one of these to use in the morning is a tough decision. These are my keepers; everything else is going to PIFs or BST.

View attachment 995126 After trying a few 100 soaps on the market from numerous artisans, I have narrowed it down to a pile of my favorites. Grooming Dept has the best scents and performance. Picking which one of these to use in the morning is a tough decision. These are my keepers; everything else is going to PIFs or BST.

Good God Almighty! That's dedication and knowing when you've found the best, don't mess with it.... Nice collection.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 995126 After trying a few 100 soaps on the market from numerous artisans, I have narrowed it down to a pile of my favorites. Grooming Dept has the best scents and performance. Picking which one of these to use in the morning is a tough decision. These are my keepers; everything else is going to PIFs or BST.

proxy.php

I thought I was bad having 13, but turns out I'm a lightweight when it comes to Grooming Dept Insanity.

Congratulations!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Awesome stash!!! I am working on my stash. I have decided to do the same. All of GD Soaps works awesome for me I see no reason to go to any other brands. I have tried and they were good but I had found Grooming Dept to be superior.

Attachments

• IMG_20190630_145832.jpg
    IMG_20190630_145832.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
3135E485-83C7-4AE8-8E52-BFB6DC47D8AA.jpeg
I have to mention that Mohammad, a few weeks ago, sent me a chunk of his test sample “Olive Oil” base soap. It is just as soft as his other bases and I mashed it into a metal tin. It was an unscented test version and had zero Olive scent. It actually smelled similar to the scent of his unscented preshave product. I hope he releases this base in the future because it is really good also. Personally, I think the test bases that Mohammad throws away as unacceptable are probably better than 90% of the competing soaps on the market.

Wow! A similar drawer full of happiness. I see that you like to also have backups of your favorites.
Yes, I like backups especially when it is a limited edition soap. I regret not getting more of barbershop, laundry and soap. I love the scents of those!!! They may be my favorites!! I totally admit that I have a problem. But I know I have quality people keeping me company!

Yes, I like backups especially when it is a limited edition soap. I regret not getting more of barbershop, laundry and soap. I love the scents of those!!! They may be my favorites!! I totally admit that I have a problem. But I know I have quality people keeping me company!
I see that “soap” is now available on West Coast Shaving. I don’t think your “problem” is a problem.

I see that “soap” is now available on West Coast Shaving. I don’t think your “problem” is a problem.

Thank you for enabling. I was about to give up on GD on offering any of their past scents like soap or laundry. Mohammad did let me know Laundry was just a one time make, so I never got to try that one, so I’ll give soap a try.

geeze !!!! I have four Frankenlimes and 5 other scents but nothing as close as you. i think my Pre Shave Collection is getting big at 5 but only one post shave

Yes, Rusty @Russrat you have a serious problem. Part of your 12-step problem is to eliminate the source of your problem. I as well as some other B&Bers would be happy to help to relieve yourself of your problem.

Alright, is this the 12 steps thread? I’ll bite; I’m Rusty, and I have a problem.View attachment 995183

Well, as long as we're trading notes ...

2019-06-30 GDept Collection.jpg

I guess there’s a certain comradery in knowing my obsession is shared with a brotherhood.

I just showed these other pictures to my wife and she said, “That changes nothing. You still need counseling and so do they.” LOL

Top Bottom