What's new

The Three Razor Method

This is the only way to shave.

@Tanuki Ok I got really silly this morning. But I did also discover a way to make the scent of Arko tolerable. I mixed a little bit of Arko with some Cremo Cooling.

Here are the tools of choice for today's shave.

View attachment 966522 View attachment 966523 View attachment 966524 View attachment 966525

All 6 of my Gems an Eveready and a Star. Just for the front of the neck and the cheeks (I Have a beard) all with the second use Pal carbon blade for the first pass. Then switched to the gem ptfe 13th use in the Bullet tip for second pass and clean up.
Quickly ditched the old blade, threw in a new one and finished up. Then grabbed the Schick g and took care of the back of neck. So 9 razors and 4 blades used for one shave.

I use an adjustable and a tech. The adjustable is use for my three main passes. I use the tech for those areas that need a thinner head profile like under the nose and around the ears.

Many who take up using a straight razor enjoy bringing in a more familiar razor to get those stranglers. Multi razor use is both fun as well as practical.
I also think that one can never have too many razors when dealing with stranglers. Since you never know whether they will be using a rope, a wire, or their bare hands, it is important to have the correct tool for the job. Plus, you'll have fun mixing things up and really enjoy the experience!

When I was afraid of Feather blades, I would use two razors--one loaded with something less sharp for one or two passes. Eventually, I thought that was silly.

I think the concept of using three razors during a shave is sound and logical, but not everyone has the time or the inclination. However, it sounds like the perfect set up for a Red Tip, Flare Tip, and Blue Tip.

As others have pointed out, an adjustable razor can do a similar job, or even loosening slightly and tightening the handle to use the old-fashioned adjustable way of shaving.

I also think that one can never have too many razors when dealing with stranglers. Since you never know whether they will be using a rope, a wire, or their bare hands, it is important to have the correct tool for the job. Plus, you'll have fun mixing things up and really enjoy the experience!
Seriously?... Nothing?

proxy.php

Does that dude recommending this have a wife...kids....or any other said responsibility? Stubble reduction...not a slave to your stubbe.

Like every blogger he seeks attention on the Internet.
The more razors he claims he uses, the more people would want to read about.

Does that dude recommending this have a wife...kids....or any other said responsibility? Stubble reduction...not a slave to your stubbe.
He recommends maintaining three wives, cuz you know one can't possibly do everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

But guys who maintain three wives are not allowed to use them in the same session :)

While illegal, quite possibly brilliant on one hand....or as the old farmer said when he looked At a guy's motorcycles, snowmobiles...and other toys...' why do you want so much trouble '?

Personally I think that's nuts. Learn how to shave properly with one tool .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

+1 All you need is one razor for a shave.

Will Bruce's next blog-page expand on the virtues of one razor for the neck, one for the left side and one for the right?

If you cannot do an adequate job shaving with "one", what makes you think you'll do better with "three"?

I can get a very satisfactory shave with a single razor as long as I use the right blade in the razor. However, I can get an even better shave using two or three razors in a single shave. If you are satisfied with an adequate shave, then one razor will do just fine. If you want better than adequate, then you might need to try alternative methods. Do whatever makes you satisfied.

I remember talking to CR of method shaving infamy on the phone back in the day and we discussed 2 razors if you felt the need to address areas differently. Do what you like, you’ll enjoy the shave and results for you and not others.

I remember talking to CR of method shaving infamy on the phone back in the day and we discussed 2 razors if you felt the need to address areas differently. Do what you like, you’ll enjoy the shave and results for you and not others.

Agreed. I almost always use multiple razors because I enjoy the variety. Can I get the same or close to the same shave with just one razor, yes but I enjoy multi razor shaves more. Like the nine razor shave I linked to earlier in this thread, I was just goofing around but it was fun. If you just want a simple good shave and use one razor, Great. If you want to get silly and use nine or even more fantabulous. I don't see the reasoning in bashing someone for what works for them. I even have a friend that has a 15+ year old cart razor with the same cart on it as the first time he used it. I think it's crazy but he shaved with it the other day for the third time and got a decent shave somehow.

Here are links too my nine razor shave and my friends cart razor if you want to check them out.

Post 1307 on this page.
Micromatic Monday

My friends crazy cart.
Seriously, There's Something Wrong With My Friend!

As my dad used to say, "Keep it simple". For me, one razor is more than enough to get a fantastic shave.
Good for you. If my dad could make something more difficult, he would. That said, using multiple razors or different types of razor is more for fun and to use more razors in one's collection. That's why I started the Daily Double. It's caught on well for some of us.

Top Bottom