What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

2949DC9C-59BD-4F30-9B35-FE095EF2E452.jpeg

Maol and grooming dept Frankenlime

Found this in a antique store boxes are in great shapeView attachment 993227 View attachment 993226 View attachment 993227
Nice find. An N.O.S. boxed strop is particularly hard to come by, and essential to using the Auto-Strop razor as originally intended. Now you just have to find some N.O.S. blade packs (which are rather common), and you're off to the races! Yes, the wrapped blades are usually still as sharp as new.
ps. Of course, you would have to make the strop flexible again with some strop balm...and patience.

[
Nice find. An N.O.S. boxed strop is particularly hard to come by, and essential to using the Auto-Strop razor as originally intended. Now you just have to find some N.O.S. blade packs (which are rather common), and you're off to the races! Yes, the wrapped blades are usually still as sharp as new.
ps. Of course, you would have to make the strop flexible again with some strop balm...and patience.
amazingly the strop is still softer that a strop I had previously found in a box but it was used I had considered doing something to protect and preserve both of them might have to get some balm almost bought blades online a few times for another auto-strop razor I have

5EF097D2-604B-4C0D-B12E-182627DC26C9.jpeg

This was a very generous and thoughtful gift from my folks. There was also a bath bar of Stirling Island Man in there, but my daughter tore it open before I got the picture:001_smile Used the Island Man in the shower tonight and it was very good!

Hi all,

I did a LOT of Razor "hunting" (in the Wild) this weekend. All in all, it turned out pretty good!

These items came from four different vendors at two locations.

German Bakelite handle Badger Brush! (unknown maker)
Gillette "Tuckaway NEW Improved" (1924)
Gillette "NEW" Long Comb (1930's)
Schick Injector

SixCats!

upload_2019-6-23_18-39-9-png.993294

upload_2019-6-23_18-42-53-png.993295

Man, I wish I had taken a "before" photo of this Ball End LC "New". This Razor was one of THE most disgusting Razors I have ever purchased. No doubt this Razor was "road hard and put away wet" (for more than likely fifty years). This Razor was covered with dried Soap/Whiskers/thick Green slime stuff/a little bit of rust and God knows what else. However, after I did my magic, I think it turned out NICE!

Got my Holy Black SR-71 slant today.... This thing is probably the heaviest razor I've ever held. Looking forward to my first shave with it tomorrow!
proxy.php

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom