What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Well I guess I missed the boat with the Vector/ Paradigm so settled for one within my pay-grade :001_07:. An Occams Razor.

IMG_0535.jpg

Latest acquisition. I own a few lather catchers made by D.R.G.M. so when I saw this, I had to get it. Everything appears to be in immaculate condition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just your basic Micromatic but I've wanted one for a while and h0they aren't so easy to get in Europe (for a reasonable price anyway), I'm a big fan of 1912s but this was on another level, wonderful razor so amazingly well designed.

full

full

full

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I plan to, I

:) I plan to, I've been lurking there, I was considering waiting to have my first shave with it on Monday but I was just too excited :D
Beautiful razor....well done! And I was just coming to invite you over to Micromatic Monday and @GAW9576 beat me to it :lol1:!!! Glad we'll see you over there!!!

British made A1 Auto Strop set. It is an imported set sold originally in Austria. Looks to be a 1907 based upon the patent and serial number.

asba1a.jpg asba1b.jpg asba1c.jpg case1.jpg case2.jpg

Flintstone65

British made A1 Auto Strop set. It is an imported set sold originally in Austria. Looks to be a 1907 based upon the patent and serial number.

View attachment 993046 View attachment 993047 View attachment 993048 View attachment 993049 View attachment 993050
VERY Nice!!! I just picked up one as well. I think mine is also British made -- bottom of box has 21 Shillings price -- and the blade holder has USA and London on it, and finally, the handle serial number starts with a letter. Does that sound right? Here's mine (arrived a few days ago):
IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1851.jpg
IMG_1856.jpg IMG_1855.jpg IMG_1854.jpg IMG_1853.jpg

VERY Nice!!! I just picked up one as well. I think mine is also British made -- bottom of box has 21 Shillings price -- and the blade holder has USA and London on it, and finally, the handle serial number starts with a letter. Does that sound right? Here's mine (arrived a few days ago):
View attachment 993081 View attachment 993082
View attachment 993084 View attachment 993085 View attachment 993086 View attachment 993087

It will say British patent and the appropriate British patent numbers in the razor head under the rollers if it is British made, if not then it will have the equivalent American information. You can see on my pictures the patent info that shows it is British made. I don't know of any serial numbers that start with a letter possible you are misreading it?

Last edited:

Flintstone65

It will say British patent and the appropriate British patent numbers in the razor head under the rollers if it is British made, if not then it will have the equivalent American information. You can see on my pictures the patent info that shows it is British made. I don't know of any serial numbers that start with a letter possible you are misreading it?
Hmmm, I've got a serial number (or some kind of number around the bottom of the handle)....but I see what you mean on your pictures where the serial number is on the rollers. I'll check it out and take up-close pics of what I find. Thanks!!!

Hmmm, I've got a serial number (or some kind of number around the bottom of the handle)....but I see what you mean on your pictures where the serial number is on the rollers. I'll check it out and take up-close pics of what I find. Thanks!!!
This is the best information I have on the serial numbers.
Valet SN.JPG

Mine has a 1907 date on it and serial number that starts in 31 so I can say based on this that I have 1907. Depending on what yours reads you either have one of the following. If no 1907 date then 1904 to 1907 regardless of the serial. If it has the 1907 date and a serial lower than 3528xx then it is a 1907 and if high that that serial then a 1908 - 1912.

Flintstone65

View attachment 993100

Mine has a 1907 date on it and serial number that starts in 31 so I can say based on this that I have 1907. Depending on what yours reads you either have one of the following. If no 1907 date then 1904 to 1907 regardless of the serial. If it has the 1907 date and a serial lower than 3528xx then it is a 1907 and if high that that serial then a 1908 - 1912.
Very helpful, thanks!!!

Flintstone65

View attachment 993100

So I took a pic of the serial number on the handle....to my eyes, it looks like it starts with an E. Then I took a pic of the patent numbers on the rollers, and on another forum a member had those same two patent numbers on a clearly marked british razor, so I'm really leaning Brit now. Was wondering what you thought?
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1858.JPG

D

dangerousrazor

20190624_185045.jpg
20190624_185155.jpg
20190624_185149.jpg

This one with a copper factory dummy blade

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom