What's new

My first De razor - Baili BD191

just arrived from amazon, less than 10 euros but the build quality seems outstanding for the price. I have been told the head is a tech clone, we'll see how it shaves - i'm a newbie and i have bic platinum and atsra SP blades.
I know..it's very cheap but i'm not in the business for a costly DE at least not before i get a decent technique.
proxy.php

Nice man, I started off with the Razorock version of that about 5-6 months ago, it’s a solid piece of gear for the price. Congrats!

it's been a bloodbath. 30 minutes trying to find the angles...strech the skin...making absurd faces.... many weepers even if it took a lifetime. Back to amazon and for now back to carts
proxy.php

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Small cuts are not a bloodbath. Even the older shavers get very small cuts. Those things disappear quickly.

Small cuts are not a bloodbath. Even the older shavers get very small cuts. Those things disappear quickly.
i'm sure you are perfectly right BUT in 30+years of shaving with a cart i NEVER had a single cut or weeper while today i am full of small red spots and a bad cut in my mustache area.

So...let me understand.... you accept everything -even getting small cuts over the long term - just to stubbornly use an inferior tool? Unbelievable.‍

So...let me understand.... you accept everything -even getting small cuts over the long term - just to stubbornly use an inferior tool? Unbelievable.‍

It is NOT an inferior tool!

I think your problem with the safety razor is that you applied pressure while shaving, just like you do with a cartridge razor.
You don't need to apply any pressure with a safety razor, just let it glide over your skin with short light strokes.

The reason I started with wetshaving some 4 years ago was because the carts (Mach 3 and Fusion) are inferior, giving me irritation, razorburns and rash all over my neck and face, and I could never get that really smooth BBS shave.

OK, sometimes (not very often) I do get a little weeper but I'm OK with that.
What I don't get anymore is all the skin irritation and razorburn.

Brush up on your technique and you will see how much better wet shaving is compared with carts :)

C’mon don’t give up that easily! It just takes a little practice like everything else. Don’t get so discouraged and frustrated. It takes time and effort to learn how to shave this way, but it’s completely worth it. Go get your razor back, don’t let it defeat you.

C’mon don’t give up that easily! It just takes a little practice like everything else. Don’t get so discouraged and frustrated. It takes time and effort to learn how to shave this way, but it’s completely worth it. Go get your razor back, don’t let it defeat you.
how can i get it back? it's on its way to amazon. In the meantime i added an hydro 5 sense (see my other post) and a dorco pace6

Top Bottom