What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Piccolo SOTD:
Beautiful shave today, another stunning performance from the fatip piccolo, definitely without question my favourite razor, it cuts through hair like a hot knife through butter.

A stunning performance from the omega 49 and the malt n myrtle, this brush does very well with hard soaps, but id recommend face lathering for the first few shaves until the bristles soften a bit.

The Wilkinson sword blade was perfectly sharp even after its 5th use, and paired with the Fatip gave me a perfect BBS shave after two passes with a few touch ups.

The Brut by faberge is a fantastic aftershave, so glad we still find tons of it in South Africa, and its dirt cheap too!

Razor: Fatip piccolo
Blade: Wilkinson sword (5)
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: the gentlemans groom room malt n myrtle
Aftershave balm: aquaeous cream
Aftershave: brut by faberge
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Why is there a leveling tool there lol?

How's the brush btw?
Ah, that would be my EA Stevens Lino and Surface Level. My Dad gave me that in the 1960's, it was patented in 1914, went to market December 1922, and the company was sold in 1952.
~~~I believe that makes it an antique~~~

My White Knight? There is a reason I call it the Boss
Prof

Ah, that would be my EA Stevens Lino and Surface Level. My Dad gave me that in the 1960's, it was patented in 1914, went to market December 1922, and the company was sold in 1952.
~~~I believe that makes it an antique~~~

My White Knight? There is a reason I call it the Boss
Prof

Hey Prof,

That's really cool although, I still have no idea why it's there lol.

If the white Knight and Bruce share the same knot, it's no wonder it's the boss!

With the £ at an all time low I guess I'm just a few clicks away from getting a Piccolo too.

Good to hear your face has healed.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I’m in! My piccolo arrived while I was away on holiday. I came home with 4 days worth of tough stubble. Stuck a new voskhod blade in it and away I went. Arko soap and jaguar boar brush.
I couldn’t believe how easy and nice this razor was to use. I could have got away with a one pass shave, it was that good! After 3 passes, I achieved my best shave ever! Very smooth and comfortable. After a hot and cold rinse, I splashed on some Duru Limon and rubbed in some Gummy after shave cream and cologne. Wow! What a feeling.
I think my Merkur 34c is going to be made redundant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Piccolo-ians :))), how do you find the Piccolo OC as a daily shaver? Is it a bit too much (paired with an Astra SP, for example)? Or is the Gentile better for that.

No place better for first hand experience.

And one more - since you guys are probably in multiple clubs and brotherhoods, those of you who own a Merkur 34c - which would you prefer for daily shaves, Merkur or Fatip?

Thanks.

Hey, Piccolo-ians :))), how do you find the Piccolo OC as a daily shaver? Is it a bit too much (paired with an Astra SP, for example)? Or is the Gentile better for that.

And one more - since you guys are probably in multiple clubs and brotherhoods, those of you who own a Merkur 34c - which would you prefer for daily shaves, Merkur or Fatip?

Thanks.
The OC is perfect as a daily shaver, just avoid using any pressure whatsoever and youre good to go.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Hello fellow Piccolo enthusiasts,

Having posted this below to the "If you could own only one de Razor..." thread a couple of days ago, I realized I am a natural member of this club before I even knew it existed. As an owner of a BBS-1, and a mint condition Slim, and a few of the other "highly desirable" razors mentioned in these parts, my only regret is that I did not acquire my Fatips years ago. I think that de shaving might have been the actual money-saving-over-cartridges-and-goo hobby it still gets billed as for neophytes...

In looking at my collection of a couple of dozen razors (both de and shavettes), and as many different blades, I have arrived with certainty at my desert island combo: a pre 2017 Fatip Piccolo razor and Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301 blades. Luckily, the Fatip I own, and it's spare, don't have the alignment issues that folks complain about. I do know that I consistently and easily get 3 pass BBS shaves. So close that I can skip the next day or two like I do when I use my Feather Artist Club DX. For anyone who favors a razor on the more aggressive side, they are worth looking up and I prefer them to the post 2017 Fatip Piccolo I own. Luckily they can still be had and are relatively cheap, and looking at the history of this thread, I can see I was not alone. As for the blades, I just find myself using those Dorco Prime's with everything at this point...

DCJ
Raytown MO

@kcmodan

Hi DCJ,
It's good to have your company here at the PLC, welcome. :001_smile

Just out of interest, would you measure the width of the caps of both your Mk1 and Mk2 Piccolos (a ruler will do fine if you don't have calipers). The "standard" Mk1 cap is ~18mm wide and the Mk2 ~19mm wide... BUT there's a lot of variance on the Mk2s which sometimes go as wide as 19.6mm. Personally, I've PIFd my too-wide-for-me Mk2s and have only kept the 19mm wide one.

Happy shaving,

Hello Cal,

Goodness! I did not know there was a math test to join this club... Once again foiled by my lack of attention in math classes taught by nun's lo' those many years ago. It kept me out of the better schools.

Post work, I shall endeavor to get these measurements. With a ruler.

Have a great day

DCJ
Raytown, MO

PS you guys are REALLY serious about Piccolo's...and henceforth, I promise to use the correct nomenclature (Mk 1 & Mk 2 Piccolo's vs pre 2017 & Post 2017).

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

Thanks.
I have the Piccolo SE, post 2017, that comes with both the OC and Gentile baseplates. For me the Piccolo OC paired with a Nacet is a daily pleasure to shave with. I found the Gentile to be a bit too much. As always, YMMV, but for $17, solid brass, the Piccolo is hard to beat.
prof

Hello fellow Piccolo enthusiasts,

Having posted this below to the "If you could own only one de Razor..." thread a couple of days ago, I realized I am a natural member of this club before I even knew it existed. As an owner of a BBS-1, and a mint condition Slim, and a few of the other "highly desirable" razors mentioned in these parts, my only regret is that I did not acquire my Fatips years ago. I think that de shaving might have been the actual money-saving-over-cartridges-and-goo hobby it still gets billed as for neophytes...

In looking at my collection of a couple of dozen razors (both de and shavettes), and as many different blades, I have arrived with certainty at my desert island combo: a pre 2017 Fatip Piccolo razor and Dorco Prime Platinum STP-301 blades. Luckily, the Fatip I own, and it's spare, don't have the alignment issues that folks complain about. I do know that I consistently and easily get 3 pass BBS shaves. So close that I can skip the next day or two like I do when I use my Feather Artist Club DX. For anyone who favors a razor on the more aggressive side, they are worth looking up and I prefer them to the post 2017 Fatip Piccolo I own. Luckily they can still be had and are relatively cheap, and looking at the history of this thread, I can see I was not alone. As for the blades, I just find myself using those Dorco Prime's with everything at this point...

DCJ
Raytown MO

Why don't you trade me your BBS1 for a couple of Piccolos, sound ok :ihih: lol.

@kcmodan

Hi DCJ,
It's good to have your company here at the PLC, welcome. :001_smile

Just out of interest, would you measure the width of the caps of both your Mk1 and Mk2 Piccolos (a ruler will do fine if you don't have calipers). The "standard" Mk1 cap is ~18mm wide and the Mk2 ~19mm wide... BUT there's a lot of variance on the Mk2s which sometimes go as wide as 19.6mm. Personally, I've PIFd my too-wide-for-me Mk2s and have only kept the 19mm wide one.

Happy shaving,

Gawd now I have to get the lot of them to find out which works best lol.

I have the Piccolo SE, post 2017, that comes with both the OC and Gentile baseplates. For me the Piccolo OC paired with a Nacet is a daily pleasure to shave with. I found the Gentile to be a bit too much. As always, YMMV, but for $17, solid brass, the Piccolo is hard to beat.
prof

Hey buddy, I thought the gentile was more gentle than the standard pic?

Top Bottom