What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 17th - June 23rd, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, June 17
  • Proraso Preshave Cream prep
  • CBL "Barbershop" soap (This stuff is a lather monster!)
  • Merkur 39C w/ Personna Med Prep blade
  • West Coast Shaving brush
  • Pinaud Clubman A/S
  • Pierre Cardin EdC
IMG_1908b.jpg

17 June 2019
Vintage Gillette New Standard + Wizamet Super Iridium ~ Grizzly Bay Custom Brush
GD Preshave ~ A&E Asian Plum ~ GD Postshave Serum ~ A&E Asian Plum AS

20190616_121008 (7).jpg

SOTD 2019-06-17

Hot water prep
General SE / Feather Professional Blade (2)
Stando Synthetic brush
Uncle Jon's Bay Rum shave soap
Stirling Bay Rum Witch Hazel & Aloe aftershave

proxy.php

E430F933-E85D-493C-BC42-18139C373DFF.jpeg
Let’s march on with the OCs and today after much deliberation (never mind) the job fell to the iKon Deluxe OC matched to an iKon Bulldog handle. First impressions are excellent fit and finish and weighty. The OC teeth are a little sharp but nothing that a quick adjustment didn’t rectify. Loaded up with a Personna Platinum and this stout baby did the job quite well.

Soap of the day was Stirling Weekend in Malibu and quite an enjoyable scent it is. Wish list? A menthol version would be awesome!

Lovely two pass DFS bordering on BBS. Great shaver this iKon Deluxe OC I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a Stainless Steel take on the venerable New Deluxe. Take care all and happy shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon Deluxe OC
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

Yes agreed and the knot is so nice to lather up with! Yes, the Cuebe scent is very nice to my nose, you wouldn't be disappointed!

I'm not even sure if I care to try the soap AS and cologne. I just love the tin and bottles so much. I do have to say they have the best packaging for soap AS and cologne. I would be happy with empty containers of them.

I would like to try their soaps. Just not on the list that is I have to try asap.

I'm not even sure if I care to try the soap AS and cologne. I just love the tin and bottles so much. I do have to say they have the best packaging for soap AS and cologne. I would be happy with empty containers of them.

I would like to try their soaps. Just not on the list that is I have to try asap.
I think to try the scent you can order a sample at shavedash.com. I believe shavedash.com has Cubebe soap samples, that will give you a good idea of the scent. On my list to try is Felce Aromatica, seems to be one of their best scent and smelled an aftershave sample which was very nice.

Last edited:
SOTD
HEAD AND FACE
Timeless Titanium .95 OC
Astra SP x2
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe Beta 4.3
Yaqi Moka 26mm 2 band Badger (Daughter's)
Captain's Choice Heavy Copper bowl​
G
20190617_115049.jpg
reat shave! First use of the SV Cubebe and my daughter's Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 band Badger. First, the SV Beta 4.3 is wonderful. This is a spring/summer scent. A+ for cushion, slickness, and postshave. Think I want the matching AS Balm! Second, the 26mm Yaqi Moka Express in 2 band Badger. My first use, 10th on the brush. The handle is huge! But well balanced. It is a dense brush. With good backbone. Bloomed fantastic. Felt great on the skin. I'm not going to give up my Chubby 2s for it but I will rank it as my number 2 Badger. For 34 bucks its unbeatable. I've sold more expensive badgers off. So.... if you don't want to spend the money on a Chubby 2 (recommend) but want to know what is similar, the Yaqi 26mm 2 band is great!

Date:- 18 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #13
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD, Monday, June 17th, 2019

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Valobra shave soap stick + Plisson badger brush
Torrey 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave

proxy.php

Tuesday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Fatip Piccolo Special Edition OC
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D9)
Brush: MS Faux Horn 30MM Silvertip
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter The Noir Et Vanille
Aftershave: Nobel Otter The Noir Et Vanille

Monday SOTD
B2F154CF-593E-4F9C-8973-D5DAEF16BF1D.jpeg

Razor: Timeless.95 SB
with ATT Atlas handle
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: SV Dolomite
Brush:Thather 2-band
Aftershave: Penhaligon’s Bayolea
First shave with the Timeless razor. I bought the .95 SB head from Scratch-dent/return and paired it with an ATT Atlas handle. The head is flawless to my eye and paired well with the ATT handle. I won’t judge a razor from one shave, but I got an excellent smooth shave on this first outing.
:badger: :badger: :badger:

proxy.php

Prep: Cold water + Proraso Pre-shave
Brush: Declaration Grooming B7 & Wolf Whiskers Iliad
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Razor: Koraat Ebony 6/8
Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe Eau de Parfum

As you can see the blade is a bit dirty, forgot to clean the blade before taking a picture (made the picture right after shaving)

SOTD : 18TH JUNE 2019.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Chinese Cologne Soap / Arko Hydrate Shaving cream.

Blade: Derby Premium.(3)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish Mandalina Cologne .

The Real Shave Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

I was curious to try the derby premium blade in my fatip Grande which is more aggressive razor than the mild non-aggressive parker 22r the verdict was another comfortable duo, which to be honest, i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did wonderfully, feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with no tugging issues between each pass..The derby premium blade has yet again impressed me with it's efficient smoothness.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shave Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

1534A73C-C3B7-454D-8130-2BD565004D3C.jpeg
Good Morning!

One of the good things about this time of year is that the citrus aromas and fresh colognes go great.

One of the best aromas for me, although it has recently been superseded by the Haru, is this.
As a soap, its quality is indisputable. It's these vegan soaps that make you rethink the schemes.

A hug friends and enjoy the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom