What's new

Critter Pics.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
@simon1 --Mike--I'm perpetually offended.

Now he’s offended! :001_rolle

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a good theme to throw into the mix in this thread sometimes...camouflaged critters.

Great idea!

Now I'll see if I can find something I can't see and try to take a pic., as long as it isn't one of these. Not my pic. I ain't getting that close to one.

proxy.php

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a good theme to throw into the mix in this thread sometimes...camouflaged critters.

Great idea!

Now I'll see if I can find something I can't see and try to take a pic., as long as it isn't one of these. Not my pic. I ain't getting that close to one.

proxy.php
Can't give an ID, but I know when you see a triangle head and vertical slits for pupils it's best to stay away!
See if you can find anything in this pic.
DSCF0273.JPG

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Great shot!

I believe that it charged. I've had to grab a buck by the horns to get away from it. Is there a fawn hidden in the pic. somewhere?

Do you know how to keep a deer from charging? I know...it's a lame joke.

This picture was in the news. I was not there.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Can't give an ID, but I know when you see a triangle head and vertical slits for pupils it's best to stay away!
See if you can find anything in this pic.
View attachment 988306

That was a tough one, but I finally found the eggs. I haven't seen a killdeer here yet this year, but they usually lay their eggs in the front yard a bit aways from the live oak tree.

That was a tough one, but I finally found the eggs. I haven't seen a killdeer here yet this year, but they usually lay their eggs in the front yard a bit aways from the live oak tree.
I took the shot a couple years ago. After a co-worker almost stepped on them by accident. We were cleaning up behind our shop when the mother started going nuts squawking, carrying on, and doing the broken wing dance. We figured we must be close to the nest. He looked down and there they were. I took a couple of pics and left her alone. It's funny they were just barely off the beaten path. Truck tires had to be passing within 3-4 feet of them several times a day, and there are always a few stray cats roaming around back there. But a couple weeks later there were little chicks running around, so hiding in plain sight seems to work.

Spotted this while walking the dog the other night. It's a Dark Fishing Spider that has apparently taken up residence in one of our trees. About 3" across the legs. It attacked the tape measure when I first placed it near, then ignored it.

20190608_232919.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh those are good dragonfly pics., Troy. We have some but I haven't seen any yet this year and I've not had one light on my finger. They should be around by the pond anytime now.

There are some Monarch butterflies hitting the wife's flowers but I haven't went out and got any pics. yet. I'm also waiting on the praying mantises to show up, but haven't seen any yet this year. I used to pick them up and play with them as a kid. Horned toads seem to be rare now days. I had some pet ones that lived under the hedge in the back yard.

My wife’s head just exploded

Mine almost did too when I first saw it. I had no idea there were any spiders that big in my area. I sent that picture to my brothers and one of them said "Why didn't you burn it?!" I said what for? It isn't dangerous to a human.

Mine almost did too when I first saw it. I had no idea there were any spiders that big in my area. I sent that picture to my brothers and one of them said "Why didn't you burn it?!" I said what for? It isn't dangerous to a human.
Reminds me of the banana spiders at Ft. Rucker. You definitely kept your eyes open for them when out in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

20190618_135537.jpg
Ha! My brother just got stationed at a USAF base in NM. He sent me this last night. Found it in his new garage.

Top Bottom