What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 10th - June 16th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 2019-06-14

Fine Marvel Razor / Personna Lab Blue blade (4)
Omega 11137 boar
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange shave soap
Pan Drwal Bulleit Bourbon aftershave

proxy.php

Have a great weekend,Gents!

7D9FEF05-86D3-43F6-AC3D-0615F4B9DEDA.jpeg
So let’s carry on with the OCs. Today’s ritual fell to just about one the prettiest razor I have in the collection, the 1938-39 Sheraton. This one is also courtesy of Chris Spencer at BackRoadsGold and plated in 24k. Stunning looker and a phenomenal shaver. I would rate this particular razor as middle of the road on the aggression scale and slightly more so than my 34/35 OC Aristocrat. Loaded up with any good DE blade and it is a smooth shaver.

Soap of the day was B&M Seville just to keep with the barbershop theme. Great scent and between the CBL and RazoRock this week this one is the more vibrant scent. Great performer.

Loaded up the same brush I have used all week and went to town. By the way if you are looking for a great brush with some good backbone and scritch this is one you might want to take a look at. Rocky Mountain Barber Company, which they say is Best Badger but I don’t know because it has more scritch (which I enjoy) than any Best Badger I own. I got mine when they first came out Oct 2017 and have been impressed ever since.

Proceeded to get through a very nice two pass DFS which for a Friday was thoroughly enjoyed. Take care, safe travels and happy shaves all! We The North!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Sheraton 1938-39
Blade: Dorco Platinum
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: Barrister & Mann Seville
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Seville
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

SOTD, Thursday, June 13th, 2019

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Sir Irisch Moos shave soap stick + Simpson badger brush
Kai folding shavette + Feather Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Sir Irisch Moos aftershave

proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD 06/14/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: GILLETTE GII Gold prototipo

Blade: GILLETTE GII

Brush: FRANK SHAVING Finest Badger 24x55 mm negra

Pre-Shave: Agua caliente

Lather: COLGATE vintage

Aftershave: LA TOJA Loción

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

A great shave with the OneBlade Genesis V2. Feather Blade. Grooming Dept preshave and Declaration Grooming After the Rain soap. Restored Ralph Lauren brush w/ TGN two band. Alum block finish. Then a little Aqua Di Gio good smelling stuff.
IMG_2351.JPG

5/12/19
Green Mountain Soap Co. Lime Vetiver
Vie-Long 12705
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Schick Injector Razor Blade (5)
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Citrus Musk
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
SOTD6-12-19.jpg

5/13/19
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
11/16 George Wostenholm "Pipe Razor"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Speick
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern
SOTD6-13-19.jpg

5/14/19
Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James
Mathew Marting Silver Tip
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Schick Injector Razor Blade (6)
Osma Alum Block
Pitralon Classic
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Nautica Blue
SOTD6-14-19.jpg

Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Charcoal Goods OC Level 2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D6)
Brush: WildWestBrushworksw Romera 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Grog
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Grog

Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Charcoal Goods OC Level 2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D6)
Brush: WildWestBrushworksw Romera 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Grog
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Grog

Love that brush

Ariana & Evans | The Equestrian
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
Polo by Ralph Lauren (Cosmair)

proxy.php

Much like Phoenix Shaving's "Han Polo", Ariana & Evans' "The Equestrian" aspires to pay homage if not duplicate the original 1970s Ralph Lauren Polo which was a Warner distributed product until the mid 1980s. Again, like Han Polo, The Equestrian does a remarkable job complementing Cosmair RL Polo, but it doesn't quite duplicate it. It may very well come closer to the earlier Warner distribution, but I don't recall much of a difference between Cosmair and Warner in the early years, but admittedly, it's been quite some time since I had a Warner bottle. That said, to my nose, modern RL Polo barely resembles the '70s to early '90s Polo. For clarity, The Equestrian is a clean green vegetation blast followed by a damp and respectable herbal accord with a leathery tobacco dry down. All things considered, it's much closer to the classic Polo than the modern iteration, but it is a bit brasher and spicier. The differences become less apparent during the dry down. When I compare PAA's Han Polo splash to that of The Equestrian, I detect no appreciable difference apart from the brief color of the splash ingredients that's more so in The Equestrian.

I've previously spoken of my impressions of Ariana & Evan's tallow base ad nauseam. Every aspect of this soap is near perfect and as such this is among the best soaps money can buy.

proxy.php

Merkur Progress//Rudy Vey 2-band Manchurian//Myrsol Agua de Limon//Sampson's balm//Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP

15TH JUNE 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Phoenix & Beau ~ Sanskrit.

Blade: Derby Premium.(1)

Razor: Muhle R41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso ~ Sandalwood ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the Derby Premium, which were kindly passed on to me by a mate. My previous maiden shave with them was a success...

After after having a very horrible experience with a derby extra blade when i first ventured in to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving which resulted in giving me a nasty bite i was a little apprehensive about using the derby premium on it's maiden shave,but after the first few strokes i gained my shaving confidence very quickly because i now know if a blade is suited to my skin type or not in a few seconds the derby premium i find very smooth with no tuggy issues with a sharp efficient edge, which was completely different to it's sibling the Derby Extra which isn't the sharpest or the smoothest blade to shave with,however i can't really condemn the derby extra blades as i may have bought a dodgy batch or more to the fact it was probably my lack of technique and shaving confidence that resulted in me having a horrible experience with them in my early introduction to traditional wet shaving...'A bad worker always blames his tools'.

The derby premium matched up superbly with my R41,with the lightest of touch both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my stubble with effortless ease... At first glance i'll be honest and thought they where just re-packaged derby extra's, how wrong we i was, ok they will never be my favourite de blades, and it's a classic case of 'YMMV', but as the saying goes, 'don't knock something, until you've tried it'. Another surprisingly smooth comfortable shave, from the makers of probably the most love/hate DE razor blades on the market in the traditional wet shaving world.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling old school devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom