What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Funny, but I just posted a similar thread regarding Bay Rum! I shaved with it for the second time today, and it seemed a little stronger. Maybe sharp dressed man will do the same for you with use.....???

Doubtful, I’ve used it three times I think and no change. I guess I will try another scent. It may just be that they purposely want to be on the lighter side of scents and not be overpowering. But, I don’t know. I have a sample size of one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, but I just posted a similar thread regarding Bay Rum! I shaved with it for the second time today, and it seemed a little stronger. Maybe sharp dressed man will do the same for you with use.....???

If you a great bay rum, try PAA’s Atomic Age Bay Rum. Scent is awesome and soap performance is excellent.

I find Mountain Man pretty light but still nice. All the others I have (SandPiper, MITA, Pharoahs Dreamsicle) are all nice and strong scented.

@Whiskey79
I have been an exclusive Stirling user for over 2 years now and can say that SDM was one of the scents that didn't have much punch to it but then again Green Irish Tweed which it is crafted to mimic doesn't have much punch to it either... I have sampled about 80% of Stirlings line and have 6 tubs in rotation and am more than satisfied with their product. I would say on most I've used, the scent seems to stick around for several hours but then again, I also use the matching splash most times with the soap. The scents I rotate are Barbershop, Bay Rum, MITA, Noir, Sandpiper, & Spice. I can tell you, for me, their Bay Rum is the best in the business and what sets it aside from all the others is Rod uses nutmeg in the formula and it gives it that little extra that makes it very West Indiesish...

As to Piacenza, I have used a couple samples of this and was ready to buy a tub until I tried the Sandpiper sample and that scent won the spot in my rotation but at some point I think a tub may be coming my way though as its really a great scent.

I prefer boar brushes over badger brushes, but I prefer the Stirling 24mm Fan brush over all my badger brushes. It is indeed an excellent badger brush

Big Stirling fan here, too. I've tried the Barbershop, and to me, it smells stronger in the tin. I enjoy it, but its far from my favorite Stirling scent. I usually follow up with aftershaves if I want to have a lingering scent. Then I add cologne later if desired. I do wish some of the Stirling soap scents would last a little longer.

Maybe tied to individual scents. My Sandpiper and Vanilla Sandalwood reach out and smack me around with great vigor. My SDM and Stirling One are more restrained. Barbershop lets you know it's there but it doesn't quite reach the level of the first two I mentioned.

I've used Eucalyptus Mint, Vanilla Sandalwood, and Sandalwood.

Out of these three, Vanilla Sandalwood was my clear favorite. It smells more Vanilla than Sandalwood. The scent is fantastic! The regular Sandalwood caused a stinging sensation on my face, so I only used it a couple times. This is the only Sandalwood soap that has caused me any type of irritation. Eucalyptus Mint is a pretty potent scent that is very refreshing (kind of like menthol with a bit less bite). This one is okay, but not a favorite.

Big Stirling fan also. Have been since buying Stirling Gentleman based on reviews. Later bought samples of Bay Rum, Arkadia, Piacenza and Stirling Spice. Received Mountain Man as free sample. All are good scents with same strength and great performance. My favorite is Spice. Don't know why I didn't get a simple citrus scent, as much as I enjoy them. Will have to do so soon. I find the Stirling scents' strength just right for me. Strong enough to enjoy the shave, then I enjoy my colognes throughout the day.

Big Stirling fan also. Have been since buying Stirling Gentleman based on reviews. Later bought samples of Bay Rum, Arkadia, Piacenza and Stirling Spice. Received Mountain Man as free sample. All are good scents with same strength and great performance. My favorite is Spice. Don't know why I didn't get a simple citrus scent, as much as I enjoy them. Will have to do so soon. I find the Stirling scents' strength just right for me. Strong enough to enjoy the shave, then I enjoy my colognes throughout the day.
Agree on all counts

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Maybe tied to individual scents. My Sandpiper and Vanilla Sandalwood reach out and smack me around with great vigor. My SDM and Stirling One are more restrained. Barbershop lets you know it's there but it doesn't quite reach the level of the first two I mentioned.
+1

Thx for the feedback guys. Sounds like it was probably just the particular scent I ordered. I went ahead and ordered some Piacenza today since I have some of the bath soap they sent as a sample. We will see how it is.

Isn't that their Aventus clone? If so, Aventus is one of those scents that many people can't smell on themselves, but can be be quite loud to people around you.

Isn't that their Aventus clone? If so, Aventus is one of those scents that many people can't smell on themselves, but can be be quite loud to people around you.

I have no idea to be honest. It just smelled good in the bath soap so I ordered it.

Top Bottom