What's new

Antica Barberia 1kg block

I saw a kg block of this soap for £30 and wondered if anyone had tried it.

indeed tried it a few years back.

nice soap. however, imho, not appreciably better than cella brick.
almond scent of two is almost identical; virtually same lather and shave performance.

btw, these bricks are 'kilo' as in in original molded volume, not final weight.

and, where did you see the listing?

abc italy-D8C_3013s.jpg
cella brick penhaligon schulze tuesday truefitt hill 1805 november 25 2015.jpg

I think he may be referring to Antica Barberia Mondial.

Antica Barberia Original Citrus Mondial Professional Shaving Cream 1KG - Gifts&Care

I haven't tried this soap, but I am VERY interested. Especially the citrus scent. I check on it every once in a while but it always seems to be out of stock. I could try the smaller 150ml container, but it's $17. The Kg is listed for only $10 more at $27. I know it's ridiculous reasoning as I really do not need another Kilo of soap. :a6:

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I saw a kg block of this soap for £30 and wondered if anyone had tried it.

This is NOT Antica Barbiera Colla! Just so that you know....

If he saw a kilo of ABC for 30 pounds I'd like to know where. Wouldn't that be a steal?

I've tried ABC soap and liked it, but not enough to pay for more than the sample size I'd purchased to try it. For that kilo price I might reconsider.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
We're talking two different soaps - AB Mondial and AB Colla - both Italian, but not in the same price category at all.

AB Mondial is available at Connaught, too, link. The price is right. Small size; link.

ABC soap is another matter. It's a lot more expensive. Link. What, maybe ten times what ABM costs?

10x Yikes!

Then £30 is a steal.

It would definitely be a steal if it was £30 for a kilo of ABC.

Mondial on the other hand seems to be a different and a less expensive brand, probably along the lines of Cella and P.160

Top Bottom