What's new

NOS Trac II and Atra/Contour Compatible Carts

Trac II and Atra/Contour compatible carts are plentiful on eBay. They are very affordable and come in all different brands and packaging:

proxy.php

An old photo of the NOS cart hoard.

proxy.php

Wilkinson II

proxy.php

South American Atra's

proxy.php

Profile - Made in Germany.

proxy.php

I have just bought some of these Schick Super II Ultrex blades, originally from Brazil.

I do have an Atra handle sitting around but haven't put it to much use. It seems you are a fan of the Wilkinson/Schick. Thoughts on how they compare to the standard Gillette and the super common Personna I always see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have an Atra handle sitting around but haven't put it to much use. It seems you are a fan of the Wilkinson/Schick. Thoughts on how they compare to the standard Gillette and the super common Personna I always see?

I really like the Wilkinson Sword Profiles before they were bought by Schick. Otherwise, the Super II's and Ultra's are as just as good as the Trac II's and Atra's. I am not a fan of Personna's.

Trac II and Atra/Contour compatible carts are plentiful on eBay. They are very affordable and come in all different brands and packaging:

proxy.php

An old photo of the NOS cart hoard.

proxy.php

Wilkinson II

proxy.php

South American Atra's

proxy.php

Profile - Made in Germany.

proxy.php

I have just bought some of these Schick Super II Ultrex blades, originally from Brazil.
That's a really impressive hoard....makes my stash of 60-70- carts seem dangerously low. I got some fake new Gillette Proglides a few years ago on the Bay and since then have been leery of getting carts there. Have you had any suspected counterfeits buying NOS carts?

That's a nice stash @Sabre and thanks for all your advice previously. I have a rather large stash now myself (bought over the last 6 weeks). I have a huge stash of those red packet Wilkinson Sword Twins (your second pic). Those are really nice. I like them.

That's a really impressive hoard....makes my stash of 60-70- carts seem dangerously low. I got some fake new Gillette Proglides a few years ago on the Bay and since then have been leery of getting carts there. Have you had any suspected counterfeits buying NOS carts?
They are not expensive, and I see little point in counterfeiting older or obsolete carts. Mach3 were previously counterfeited, and now sold as generic. The Fusion carts are obviously counterfeited due to their high cost. As you can see boxes of stock are found all the time, and sold generally only on eBay.

They are not expensive, and I see little point in counterfeiting older or obsolete carts. Mach3 were previously counterfeited, and now sold as generic. The Fusion carts are obviously counterfeited due to their high cost. As you can see boxes of stock are found all the time, and sold generally only on eBay.
I would agree, the originals are cheap enough that there really isnt much money to made counterfeiting NOS Trac II or Atra carts. Now these super expensive 5/6 blade carts i dunno maybe....i haven't bought a 5 blade cart since 2013.

Was just looking at restocking for my Trac II which I use for travel and just discovered works great for my head shaves. Currently working through some vintage Gillette’s with the goop strip.

Was going to by new 7’oclock PII or Trac II (without/with) but maybe this (NOS) is the way to go.

Opinions on vintage Schick vs Gillette for the squash?? (And for fave when traveling)?

Was just looking at restocking for my Trac II which I use for travel and just discovered works great for my head shaves. Currently working through some vintage Gillette’s with the goop strip.

Was going to by new 7’oclock PII or Trac II (without/with) but maybe this (NOS) is the way to go.

Opinions on vintage Schick vs Gillette for the squash?? (And for fave when traveling)?

I have only tried a few schick and gillettes so far since coming back to cart shaving and it feels like vintage gillette and vintage schick super ii slims are the same quality.

I don't travel for business that often but when i do its just for a day and so i just take my gillette sensor 2 disposables.

For longer travels or vacations i was taking my DE (Gillette FatBoy) during the last 6 years, but now that i'm back to using carts i will probably take my aluminum handled Atra with vintage Gillette Atra carts.

I’ve gotten Japanese Schick Super II carts from off the Big auction site. They cost me about $15 for 20 cartridges. They do have a lube strip but, to me at least, it’s inoffensive. I can get 30+ shaves from one cart. They appear to be current production, and I prefer them to the current Trac II carts.

I’ve gotten Japanese Schick Super II carts from off the Big auction site. They cost me about $15 for 20 cartridges. They do have a lube strip but, to me at least, it’s inoffensive. I can get 30+ shaves from one cart. They appear to be current production, and I prefer them to the current Trac II carts.

I just found some no-strip for about 71c/per. Any easy way to tell if the Schick’s are the Japanese or NOS easy enough?

I don’t know Japanese and google translate was not much help. But I believe they are new stock not NOS. Someone said some place else that they are current Chinese manufacturing for the Japanese market, but I have no way of confirming that is the case. That being said, these are some of the nicest cartridges I’ve ever used. They feel comparable, to me at least, to the superb Japanese Schick Twin Injector II blades. We

I don’t know Japanese and google translate was not much help. But I believe they are new stock not NOS. Someone said some place else that they are current Chinese manufacturing for the Japanese market, but I have no way of confirming that is the case. That being said, these are some of the nicest cartridges I’ve ever used. They feel comparable, to me at least, to the superb Japanese Schick Twin Injector II blades. We

So the give away is that they are packaged in Japanese! The ones I saw were not. They were in plastic 10 packs with 5 free! Wonder if at 71c/per they are worth a try ? If I got a months of head shaves per cart, I’d be good for about 4 years with a lot of 45.

So the give away is that they are packaged in Japanese! The ones I saw were not. They were in plastic 10 packs with 5 free! Wonder if at 71c/per they are worth a try ? If I got a months of head shaves per cart, I’d be good for about 4 years with a lot of 45.

I’ve never seen them that cheap. I do have one pack of 5 NOS Schick Super II adjustable cartridges that were made in the USA. I’ve used one a few times (maybe 4x), and it gives superb shaves. But, I’m saving those cartridges for very special occasions. If the ones you mentioned are only 71c per cart and you get 7 -10 shaves you still would be doing well given the price. If they are as good as the Japanese Super II ‘s you are coming out even better. Give it a shot and let us know.

Anyone ever buy these from Aliexpress? they have some Japanese (?) schick super II plus for 4.49 us plus 1.25 shipping; I have never used this site...no nothing about it...hoping someone here has.

Anyone ever buy these from Aliexpress? they have some Japanese (?) schick super II plus for 4.49 us plus 1.25 shipping; I have never used this site...no nothing about it...hoping someone here has.
I use the site all the time, sometimes shipping is fast other times dog slow.
They won't be Japanese carts.

Top Bottom