What's new

Need a Jnat expert.

View attachment 964122 View attachment 964124
This is the part that bothers me the most. Notice how this auction goes from 38 bids to 15 in the last 10 seconds. I’ve been watching his auctions and this happens on almost every single one. (I have many more screen shots just like this one) It’s always in the last 10 seconds. I asked him about it and he told me that he can only cancel a bid this late if it’s requested by the buyer. So the same two buyers are canceling bids in the last 10 seconds on every one of his auctions? Why would a seller allow this? If anyone wants to follow just look for
l***l(37) and a***(16) in the bidding history. They always bid, never win, and if they happen to be in the lead in the last 10 seconds they disappear. It’s really messed up what this guy is doing.

After reading this it jogged my memory. Legitimate canceled bidders are banned from his auctions. I have spoken to more than one person who withdrew a bid from this seller and he banned them from bidding on all subsequent auctions. So the facts of what he told you David are even more of a lie. Also the fact that you asked him about this maybe why his auctions went private. It probably alerted him to the fact that people are watching.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Legitimate canceled bids would work against what he’s doing, so it makes sense that he would ban them. Still hard to believe he’s getting away with this, and even harder to believe a few guys here are still buying from him.

I will certainly not buy from him.
Even if his stones are 100% genuine, this way of doing business is just...
Considering how big ebay is im really surprised they dont take action, or maybe thats the reason they do nothing?

His kossy account is still running, this is just one of the old ones renamed.
Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 11.11.59 PM.png

His kossy account is still running, this is just one of the old ones renamed.
View attachment 967469

I had noticed his honing guide persona recently and the stone for sale looked familiar plus the writing just screamed the Russian. He is looking to really mess with people with that one. He lists his location as the US. He has had that persona open since 2014 ships from Japan charges $27 shipping and the ones for auction are private listing.

I said it before. If he spent all this time selling and not scamming he would probably end up with better results, profits.

Yeah honesty would have been his best choice . I think or jnat page would be flooded if he had. There must be s psychological aspect to stamps. I think if you took two identical stones cut from the same rock and sold them one with a miners union stamp and a mine stamp and one with no stamp the one with the stamp would sell for much more on the bay. I see it over and over. Even on tomo size stones.

Absolutely. There is something about stamps that attracts people. It happens to me as well. I just bought 2 SRD stamped coticules because of the stamp and I really don't use cotis. :)

Thank's for the heads up! It is good to inform members of the shaddy dealings this guy is up to. Thank you very much for staying on top of it!

And he does the same thing under his honing_guide persona. Private listing top two bids retracted at the end one being the exact same amount as the winning bidder.

David

our "friend" changed his ebay name. He goes by honing_guide now
And he’s still shilling every single auction. I’ve been watching his auctions lately and he canceled bids on every auction in the last seconds just like he did with the kossy account. If you absolutely must buy from this guy, snipe in the last 5 seconds otherwise he’s basically stealing from you
5E75D2AE-8E92-464B-81FE-E3D0167384EA.png
01775152-1F23-49FE-8B7A-0C7498B84D17.png

He is unbelievable. I see he covers the identity of the bidders now but still the good old tricks.
I won't lie, some of the stones look good but I would never bid on his auctions. If nothing else then somebody else can get it cheaper and I am not running the price up.

All this seems to have hurt his bottom $ at least. He doesn't seem to have gotten much for most of his past sales. His stone quality has gone down too. I am tired of ebay allowing this. He is just the most blatant of the ones I have seen. There are also people selling out of Japan with obvious faked stamps and ones they say are one thing, but are such bad fakes they used some of the wrong kanji. EBay is bad enough and now we have people on here buying from these ebay sellers and calling it trusted overseas and international business relationships and selling on etsy. It just never ends everywhere I look.

David what did you ever do with that defects stone he sold you?

David

It’s somewhere down in the basement. I thought about lapping the bottom of it to see if it was any good but I honestly just don’t feel like fooling with it. I’ll either give it away or smash it with a sledge hammer in slow motion and put it on YouTube. :001_302:

All this seems to have hurt his bottom $ at least. He doesn't seem to have gotten much for most of his past sales. His stone quality has gone down too. I am tired of ebay allowing this. He is just the most blatant of the ones I have seen. There are also people selling out of Japan with obvious faked stamps and ones they say are one thing, but are such bad fakes they used some of the wrong kanji. EBay is bad enough and now we have people on here buying from these ebay sellers and calling it trusted overseas and international business relationships and selling on etsy. It just never ends everywhere I look.

Well unfortunately we all could see it. Guy was buying the fake stamped Russian stones and then he was selling them on eBay. We know the stamps were fake, the proof was provided on one of the threads here on BB.

Top Bottom