What's new

The Empty Glass Bottle

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Oh darn, now this is tragic ... on the hunt again for more Pelikan blue-black.

$PelikanBB.JPG

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I wasn't sure I would ever be able to post in this thread, but ....

full

Next on my journey will be my bottle of Hero 232, Blue-Black.

I have emptied 50 ml bottles of Levenger Cobalt Blue, Levenger Raven Black, Levenger Pomegranate, two 62.5 ml bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black. I think I may have a couple of bottles getting close as well.

I'm on bottle #3 of the 4001 Blue Black. I did like Raven Black, but don't need another black. Pomegranate was discontinued. I loved that ink. (actually have 1-2 ml left in a vial) I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Levenger bottles.

I have emptied 50 ml bottles of Levenger Cobalt Blue, Levenger Raven Black, Levenger Pomegranate, two 62.5 ml bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black. I think I may have a couple of bottles getting close as well.

I'm on bottle #3 of the 4001 Blue Black. I did like Raven Black, but don't need another black. Pomegranate was discontinued. I loved that ink. (actually have 1-2 ml left in a vial) I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Levenger bottles.
That's a lot of bottles you have finished! About how much writing on average do you do a day?

Depends. Between 1998 and 2013 it was Cobalt Blue, one 4001 Blue Black and Raven Black. The others since then. I keep about 10 pens inked at any given time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Finished off a bottle of Private Reserve Black Cherry, and a 2 oz bottle of Sheaffer's #32 Jet Black. Almost finished my Noodler's BBB with the Ouchette artwork. I'm rationing my Noodler's 5 O'Clock shadow. Dreading the day I finally use it up as it has been my favorite so far.

strop

Now half as wise
It took a while to find this thread! I rarely use the same color for more than one or two refills in a row, but finally managed to actually empty a bottle. This has been on of my favorites over the years. Probably will eventually be replaced.
20190318_084750.jpg

I have a bottle of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium that has about one more full to go, but I have given away several samples, and spilled some as well! Good news is that I don't have a cat!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've used up 2.5 bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black in 12+ years. I'll probably never finish another of anything; now have 15+ bottles (different inks)

I've emptied a few bottles over the years (been using fountain pens on and off since about 1965). Latest was a bottle of Skrip blue-black, not really finished but it got junk in the bottom when it got really low, and it's replacement is about 3/4 gone.

With all the ink I've bought (25 or 30 Noodler's, etc) I still use Skrip Blue-black the most.

strop

Now half as wise
20190621_143148.jpg

Aurora has been my go to black for a while. Still have some vintage Skrip that belonged to my father, and barely used bottle of Iroshizuku.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The best Superchrome bottle is an empty Superchrome bottle!
full

And yes, I used some of it. (No fancy pens were damaged in the testing)

I have emptied a bottle of Lamy Blue, a Waterman Serenity Blue and a Waterman Mysterious Blue.
I have dented a Pelikan Black 30ml to the point that I bought a 60ish ml and just topped it off.

I intend to put some Private Reserve Avocado in an empty Waterman bottle forthwith because the round bottle shape of the PR does not fit my glass pen tray.

Top Bottom