What's new

Steer-Dovan Passaround

I've tried that on a few razors and it did seem to snap straight the edge very quickly. I just cant say enough good about your strop. I will be sending it off Monday. Though it's one of those things you know you can't keep it but that's all you want to do is keep it.

I am going to have to withdraw my name from the list. I sent you a PM as well - just go ahead and send it off to @Joshua223.

Thanks anyhow though folks. Maybe on the next go around.

It’s all good - my eldest is transferring to a more expensive college, but will be living with a relative to offset a great deal of the extra cost, and the whole family’s priorities are shifting. Not only financial, but logistical as well. Since it’s going to be a while before I would reasonably be able to appreciate the difference, it’s probably better I don’t know what I’m missing. Timing is also a thing, since I am scheduled to be out of state for when it would arrive. All things considered I just thought it would be best to withdraw for the moment.

It’s all good - my eldest is transferring to a more expensive college, but will be living with a relative to offset a great deal of the extra cost, and the whole family’s priorities are shifting. Not only financial, but logistical as well. Since it’s going to be a while before I would reasonably be able to appreciate the difference, it’s probably better I don’t know what I’m missing. Timing is also a thing, since I am scheduled to be out of state for when it would arrive. All things considered I just thought it would be best to withdraw for the moment.
Good luck with all the transitions! My 2.5yo daughter just started pre-school yesterday so I feel like she will be in college before I know it. Take care.

Looks like the pass around is coming to an end, glad all have enjoyed trying one of Tony’s many different strops, as I have said I have tried pretty much all he has to offer and have never been disappointed especially the care and great attention he puts into making these strop at a great price and it just comes down to what type of leather you prefer as they all offer some differences, for me it all comes down to the draw resistance and how the blade feels rolling over the strop

The strop was mailed off today to joshua223. So my final thoughts on the strop. I love the feel of the strop. Has quite a bit more draw than my latigo and my red imp. Quality is par none. Most importantly I want one now. I could see barely using my red imp and latigo strop after I get one of these strops. As soon as I can get one I will be getting one. Thank you @Tony Miller for this pass around. You make an amazing strop and your passion for making strops shows. I can't wait to get one of your strops and I wish I could get one now. But as soon as I can afford one I will be getting in contact with you to work out getting a strop. Again thank you for the pass around and for making the best strop I have touched.

I'm sure no one will object to that except maybe Tony. But I would suggest that if there is a pif between the people who were on this pass around not to discount dzaw. Just because he had to exclude himself. But my opinion doesn't count for anything I know. Just my two cents.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Glad everyone is enjoying this and a special thanks to Janatcat for starting and organizing this Pass Around. Once Joshua223 is done I will gather all the names, Dzaw included, and do a random number generator drawing to see who gets to keep it. I can gladly send along a cloth component to add on for the new owner as I think this was just a leather only test sample.

I will ask that you not include me in the drawing. Not because I didn't like the strop, but because I liked it so much I bought one already. It's currently in impound with SWMBO awaiting a Father's Day presentation.

Thanks again to @Tony Miller and @Jnatcat. And of best luck to all!!!

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I will ask that you not include me in the drawing. Not because I didn't like the strop, but because I liked it so much I bought one already. It's currently in impound with SWMBO awaiting a Father's Day presentation.

Thanks again to @Tony Miller and @Jnatcat. And of best luck to all!!!

Thank you for that. I hope you enjoy it once it is released from impound :001_smile

I have a few tools I have wanted in impound as well waiting for my birthday tomorrow

Top Bottom