What's new

Yuma Razor Review

Thanks for the review! The Yuma was my very first DE razor with which I started my wet shaving adventure. I have a couple of them, but after acquiring other razors I haven't used it at all in months. And now, thanks to your reminder, I will use it for my next shave.

Thanks for the review! The Yuma was my very first DE razor with which I started my wet shaving adventure. I have a couple of them, but after acquiring other razors I haven't used it at all in months. And now, thanks to your reminder, I will use it for my next shave.

Make sure to let us know what it's like going back to it after a long time!

From what I've heard, that similarity is because the Yuma design is a copy/clone/based on some "old generic" Solingen razor, but I don't know which. I would love to find out more abput any possible original design if anyone knows anything.

An outstanding razor. I got mine for 0.30c whilst on holiday in Turkey and despite the many razors i have, this thing gives great shaves.

I think its success has a lot to do with its weight. it is so damn light its nothing more than a blade carrier.

Blows my mind how good it is.
I enjoy a full Turkish with this razor with Arko shave creme and balm and some lemon splash.
I find it pairs well with a Rapira blade.

0.30c. No wonder Gillette switched to cartridges......

I got this Orak razor from a friend who bought a few back from holiday, i no longer have my Yuma to compare but i remember it being super lightweight with an hollow handle, there was an older model of this Orak razor with it's name on the head similar to the Yuma both razors made in Turkey, there is Chinese versions such as the longfeng (may go by others names) the Chinese razor was ok for it's price, unlike the Yuma didn't have a hollow handle, it wasn't aggressive as the Yuma from what I remember also like the Yuma it was extremely frail & light, also an struggle to align the blade, i threw it away few years ago.
20190603_203942.jpg

Now that i have this Orak & shaved with it from what i remember from the Yuma & the chinese razor, this one is slightly more heavier the head & handle, closed off handle slightly more weighty, finish is better then the Yuma but still poor, the shave is similar to how i remember the Yuma, aggressive bitey blade feel, efficient at a cost of smoothness, with a nice thick slick lather & a nice blade combo works well with my thick coarse beard but i can imagine it would leave others red raw.

I actually like this one alot, my friend got me 2 they both align the blade better than i remember the Yuma did & much easier than my fatips & merkur 34c, looks half decent, built poorly but shaves tremendously.
20190603_203131.jpg

20190603_214559.jpg

20190603_201913.jpg

20190603_203629.jpg

20190603_214400.jpg

20190603_202517.jpg

20190603_213440.jpg

20190603_214632.jpg

I got this Orak razor from a friend who bought a few back from holiday, i no longer have my Yuma to compare but i remember it being super lightweight with an hollow handle, there was an older model of this Orak razor with it's name on the head similar to the Yuma both razors made in Turkey, there is Chinese versions such as the longfeng (may go by others names) the Chinese razor was ok for it's price, unlike the Yuma didn't have a hollow handle, it wasn't aggressive as the Yuma from what I remember also like the Yuma it was extremely frail & light, also an struggle to align the blade, i threw it away few years ago.
View attachment 987233
Now that i have this Orak & shaved with it from what i remember from the Yuma & the chinese razor, this one is slightly more heavier the head & handle, closed off handle slightly more weighty, finish is better then the Yuma but still poor, the shave is similar to how i remember the Yuma, aggressive bitey blade feel, efficient at a cost of smoothness, with a nice thick slick lather & a nice blade combo works well with my thick coarse beard but i can imagine it would leave others red raw.

I actually like this one alot, my friend got me 2 they both align the blade better than i remember the Yuma did & much easier than my fatips & merkur 34c, looks half decent, built poorly but shaves tremendously.
View attachment 987236
View attachment 987237
View attachment 987239
View attachment 987240
View attachment 987241
View attachment 987243
View attachment 987244
View attachment 987245

Based on the pictures, it looks pretty much identical to the Yuma, but with a better finish and without the name stamped on the topcap. The handle particularly is identical.

Great comment from @Double_Edgez
I Just ordered one of these on Ebay!

I've been looking for a more robust version of the YUMA for ages as the YUMA razor works so well for me out of all the razors i have tried.

I'd like to get my hands on the razor it was copied from, but i am struggling to find that.

it looks pretty much identical to the Yuma, but with a better finish and without the name stamped on the topcap.
Yes pretty much the same as the Yuma, slightly better finish, but still cheap looking, main thing is they are super cheap & shave well for some. Horrible quality control on these Yuma types, you have to be lucky to get a good one.

I'd like to get my hands on the razor it was copied from, but i am struggling to find that.
I think there was quite few razors the Yuma was copied from, Germany Solingen razors, i seen many variations on eBay over the years. Keep a look out you might find something :001_rolle

I was on a big flea market today and found a brand spanking new Yuma razor for 3 Euro.
And a small arko shaving stick for the same price.
The Yuma razor looks quite OK and I was going to test it next week.
For only 3 Euro, it doesn't matter if it doesn't work for me, then I can give it away to someone who wants it.
IMG_20190608_161735.jpg IMG_20190608_161814.jpg IMG_20190608_161848.jpg

I was on a big flea market today and found a brand spanking new Yuma razor for 3 Euro.
And a small arko shaving stick for the same price.
The Yuma razor looks quite OK and I was going to test it next week.
For only 3 Euro, it doesn't matter if it doesn't work for me, then I can give it away to someone who wants it.
View attachment 988666 View attachment 988667 View attachment 988668

It's funny you posted this today, I just used the Yuma this morning. The difference in blade gap between the two sides was shocking, yet I got an unbelievably close and nice shave. It looks like it shouldn't work, but it does.

It's funny you posted this today, I just used the Yuma this morning. The difference in blade gap between the two sides was shocking, yet I got an unbelievably close and nice shave. It looks like it shouldn't work, but it does.

You're right, I just put in a Astra SP in my Yuma and there is a difference in blade exposure and blade gap from one side to the other.
I will test my Yuma in a week when my vacation has started.
I don't want to risk getting to work with a lot of cuts in the face ;)

You're right, I just put in a Astra SP in my Yuma and there is a difference in blade exposure and blade gap from one side to the other.
I will test my Yuma in a week when my vacation has started.
I don't want to risk getting to work with a lot of cuts in the face ;)
Not a bad idea! To be honest, I was terrified of the thing when I first looked at it, because I couldn't make the blade gap become more even on each side regardless of what I tried, but now I'm just sorta used to not even bothering looking at it, because regardless of how crappy it looks, I get some of my best shaves from it.

Not a bad idea! To be honest, I was terrified of the thing when I first looked at it, because I couldn't make the blade gap become more even on each side regardless of what I tried, but now I'm just sorta used to not even bothering looking at it, because regardless of how crappy it looks, I get some of my best shaves from it.

Great to hear.
I will let you know next week ;)

Top Bottom