What's new

Grooming Dept club

Used Veritas yesterday and my only regret is not getting more. This is absolutely wonderful.

Among the GD soaps that I have, this is definitely my favorite scent. Refinded, leaning towards masculine and yet not over the top and cloying. I hope it comes back, and in full force.

I feel the same way about "Molten" and "Mallard." I never thought that anyone could pull off a masculine smelling rose chai tea scent. Then I got Mallard. It'll be a sad day when I hit the bottom of those two tubs.

The Lusso and Duck Fat bases hold the top two spots on my list of best performing soap bases.

It's also very exciting to see that he's re-released some of his earlier scents! I'm not totally up to speed on this, but I know he re-released Tao recently. Weren't there some more of his earlier scents that were re-released recently, too?

Yesterday, my wife asked me what I wanted for Father's day. I was sitting at the kitchen table with my lap top. I turned it around to show her the Grooming Dept soap page. "Everything you see here" was my response.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yesterday, my wife asked me what I wanted for Father's day. I was sitting at the kitchen table with my lap top. I turned it around to show her the Grooming Dept soap page. "Everything you see here" was my response.

proxy.php

Takes one to know one!

Just ordered Lavender. I really like the scent of BM Reserve Lavender. .. Not sure how this will compare but excited to try GD for the first time.

BM Reserve Lavender is my favorite soap.

GD NY Chypre was my first GD soap and my second favorite, and I especially loved the scent.

So I bought the GD mallard lavender, and tbh it's not my favorite. very subdued, where the BM is clearly evoking a fragrance. performance is still pretty good but not a scent I'd personally go for again.

I will be grabbing something from the new drop though.

BM Reserve Lavender is my favorite soap.

GD NY Chypre was my first GD soap and my second favorite, and I especially loved the scent.

So I bought the GD mallard lavender, and tbh it's not my favorite. very subdued, where the BM is clearly evoking a fragrance. performance is still pretty good but not a scent I'd personally go for again.

I will be grabbing something from the new drop though.
I just used Lavender today. It is a great soap but the scent is extremely pungent. I actually find it very strong and not really like any Lavender. Kind of disappointed. The strong scent is not for me. I am going to leave the lid off for a few days and hope it dies off or matures. The soap would be great if it were unscented!

Looks like the new drops are delayed a week. Now June 14th instead of the 7th. However, it looks like the Unscented Donkey base is going to be available as well. So, that's a positive.

I have the GD Mallard.jpg and so far I have used it for 12 shaves. I like the way it performs but I am surprised at how fast it is disappearing. When it arrived it came in uneven in the tub. One side was significantly higher than the other. This is how it looks after only 12 shaves.
upload_2019-6-6_10-48-25.png

I have three other GD soaps and this is the only one that has disappeared so fast.

I have the View attachment 988096 and so far I have used it for 12 shaves. I like the way it performs but I am surprised at how fast it is disappearing. When it arrived it came in uneven in the tub. One side was significantly higher than the other. This is how it looks after only 12 shaves.
View attachment 988098

I have three other GD soaps and this is the only one that has disappeared so fast.

How this for superior customer service. Mohammed sent me this email:

Hi James,

Thank you for your business. I'm glad you like the performance on Dapper Mallard.

I'm sorry to read on B&B that the soap is dissolving quickly for you. I'm sold out of Dapper Mallard. But I would like to send you a jar of Mallard Fougere or Mallard Lavender. Please let me know. Due to space issues, some of the jars got tilted while curing when the shelf they're on almost collapsed.​

Hi James,

Thank you for your business. I'm glad you like the performance on Dapper Mallard.

I'm sorry to read on B&B that the soap is dissolving quickly for you. I'm sold out of Dapper Mallard. But I would like to send you a jar of Mallard Fougere or Mallard Lavender. Please let me know. Due to space issues, some of the jars got tilted while curing when the shelf they're on almost collapsed.​

That is indeed great service. Among the soaps from my last purchase from GD, the Mallard Lavender is one of the most enjoyable lavender scents I've tried. With that said, whatever you pick I am sure you're to enjoy.

That is great customer service, especially because it was unsolicited. Not many business owners would do that, and that really says something about the commitment he has to his customers and product.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Hi James,

I had a somewhat similar interaction with Mo. Not only are his products great, but he goes way out of his way to be a good guy, and to make sure his customers are pleased and satisfied.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Mo from Groming Dept finally stated that his aftershave splash is ready to go. He posted a quick pic on one of the social media sites of an empty glass bottle which I assume will be the medium he'll use for his splashes. The only other thing I can say is that it will be alcohol free and full of skin food ingredients. 2 years of testing but, it seems like he's ready to launch very soon.

Personally, I think it was the only thing he needed in his stable of products to complete a full line up of mens grooming essentials.

Now, if only he would offer a splash with alcohol in it in the future. Hmmm?

Either way looking forward to this release...

FB_IMG_1559937121120.jpg

Hi James,

I have to say I'm not surprised. Mohammad definitely puts the positive customer experience very high on his priority list!

Top Bottom