What's new

Best inexpensive bois du Portugal clone

I think Dua makes a clone called Royal Portugal. I've never tried it. There are other fragrances that are not clones per se, but are kind of in the same ballpark - New York Intense, Heritage, Lalique PH. You may be better off just getting a decant of the real thing.

can anyone recommend a good inexpensive bois du Portugal clone? What’s the best inexpensive clone?

It’s not cheap, but Pengaligons Castile lasts the longest of any eau de Portugal / cologne style I’ve tried. Lasts over 10 hours, with a great orange blossom and neroli scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this scent will really surprise quite a few here. It’s in the same ballpark as Creed BdP only just a bit more amber and a gentle subtle sweetness. It has a semi modern vibe while still maintaining a classic and nostalgic gentlemanly scent. And it only costs like %10 of what Creed BdP would cost you. A true sleeper and a classic.....

47B06EE4-EE28-4FBF-B63A-C9CE2CD1E92C.jpeg

Not a clone, but I think that Caron's "le 3eme homme de caron (3rd Man)" has some similarities to Creed's Bois du Portugal. It often shows up at reasonable prices.

When I sampled BDP I thought it smelled like a classier, more complex Heritage (Guerlain). I'm not saying Heritage qualifies as a clone or copy, but the basic sweet spicy note smells very similar to me? If you haven't tried Heritage you might want to get a sample? The bottle is $62 (3.3 oz) at Fragrance.net now.

I think this scent will really surprise quite a few here. It’s in the same ballpark as Creed BdP only just a bit more amber and a gentle subtle sweetness. It has a semi modern vibe while still maintaining a classic and nostalgic gentlemanly scent. And it only costs like %10 of what Creed BdP would cost you. A true sleeper and a classic.....

View attachment 990937

Less than that! I just checked and fragrance.net has it for only $18 (3.4 oz)!! I had a sample once - don't remember what it smelled like but I liked it. This is a STEAL - will have to order it...

Less than that! I just checked and fragrance.net has it for only $18 (3.4 oz)!! I had a sample once - don't remember what it smelled like but I liked it. This is a STEAL - will have to order it...

There you go. That’s an awesome deal for this juice that has flown under the radar. Been around too for some time. Enjoy!

I had the Lalique PH edt. I loved it but longevity was not great. I just bought the edp and it has much better longevity. Since I have never sampled the Creed BdP I have no idea how close it is.

Not a clone, but I think that Caron's "le 3eme homme de caron (3rd Man)" has some similarities to Creed's Bois du Portugal. It often shows up at reasonable prices.

I ordered a bottle of the Lalique ph especially should be here late tomorrow looking forward to trying it

View attachment 990937
I added this to my list I will be trying it, I like what I read on the scent profile. hopefully if lasts longer than cool water.cool water really turned me off to Davidoff the scent is good but it doesn’t last at all but for the price it’s worth trying

I added this to my list as well it has a nice scent profile at a good price I will be trying this as well

Thanks for all the recommendations

I haven't sampled BdP, but I have a bottle of Lalique PH EdP. It's one of my favorites for sure. It comes across as classy and understated. I hope you enjoy it!

View attachment 990937
I have now tried this I like it it has a great scent and got around 5 hours out of it who’s is much better that I got with cool water thanks for the recommendation

Top Bottom