What's new

Can anyone recommend a first Fatip?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Rave, I think one is enough for some people (like me). Speaking of your wife; she and I know you. Everybody knows one won't suffice for The Official BOSC Ambassador to Fatip. She needs to know what you really want for Father's Day, Rave.

Pretending the wooden Fatips are Plissons is heresy, according to my spies in the Vatican.

Happy shaves,

Jim
giphy.gif

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
No, Jim, no it's not. :a30: :a32:

Well, Rave, you do have to actually submit an order. It's not magic, it's just business.

Some people - not saying who they are but if the shoe fits - just expect too much. The Fatip Slant looks like a stellar razor.

Expect my review any moment now...

Happy shaves,

Jim

Fat tip piccolo special edition
Yet another vote.

Getting this set has put the brakes on my acquisition disorder
They are that good of a razor

I'm not usually a fan of razors over 100g but I had a good shave today with a Fatip OC baseplate mounted on an Ikon Bulldog handle, 85x12.8mm and 73g. I used a Yintal Bronze top cap for the M5 thread, making total weight 107g. The Bulldog handle is very grippy and good to hold, and the extra weight seemed to go well with the Fatip resulting in an efficient shave. Blade was a Nacet, and I think you need to go sharp with the Fatip, since it's inherently quite smooth.

This is just to illustrate that once you have the basic Fatip OC baseplate in whatever incarnation, there's a lot more you can do with it if you're a bit of an experimenter.

I'm not usually a fan of razors over 100g but I had a good shave today with a Fatip OC baseplate mounted on an Ikon Bulldog handle, 85x12.8mm and 73g. I used a Yintal Bronze top cap for the M5 thread, making total weight 107g. The Bulldog handle is very grippy and good to hold, and the extra weight seemed to go well with the Fatip resulting in an efficient shave. Blade was a Nacet, and I think you need to go sharp with the Fatip, since it's inherently quite smooth.

This is just to illustrate that once you have the basic Fatip OC baseplate in whatever incarnation, there's a lot more you can do with it if you're a bit of an experimenter.
Works fine with the SLOC, Fine Marvel , and Old Type caps but whether these offer improvement is pretty debateable. Certainly not necessary.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Works fine with the SLOC, Fine Marvel , and Old Type caps but whether these offer improvement is pretty debateable. Certainly not necessary.

The Fatip baseplate does indeed work with a variety of M5 caps. My point is that a M5 cap is necessary if you want to try your existing M5 handles out. Fatip thread is M4.5.

To my surprise the Piccolo handle became a favorite. I have big hands yet that handle feels most natural and compliments my technique.

Top Bottom