What's new

What tin/jar are you cracking?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Cracked Cult Blood Red Moon and C&D Dark Burley. Then I mixed the two together. I sampled Blood Red Moon before and decided that it needs more tobacco flavor, less cherry flavor, and more nicotine.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just pulled from my press a mix of 2oz of Burley Kake and a tin of BRM. I’ve been smoking the mix for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. Decided to try pressing it. Not smoked the pressed yet, probably will today.

proxy.php
proxy.php

@Kentos Like heaven. Spicey and sweet. There is almost a malt quality to it. Some molasses too. It smokes better than it tastes. Incredible stuff. So much better than the 2000 and 2008 iterations.

I just pulled from my press a mix of 2oz of Burley Kake and a tin of BRM. I’ve been smoking the mix for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. Decided to try pressing it. Not smoked the pressed yet, probably will today.

proxy.php
proxy.php
Nice! Let me know how it changed from pressing the mixture.

Recently opened a pouch of carter hall I found amongst my collection, must be 2-3 years old. I also found an unopened tin of Dunhill EMP that was purchased around the same time but I'm saving that for a special occasion.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Recently opened a pouch of carter hall I found amongst my collection, must be 2-3 years old. I also found an unopened tin of Dunhill EMP that was purchased around the same time but I'm saving that for a special occasion.

Rumour is Carter Hall will last forever in the foil pouch. How was it? :).

Rumour is Carter Hall will last forever in the foil pouch. How was it? :).
Pretty good. Definitely better than the last time I smoked it right after buying it. I also found some Prince Albert tucked away in an open pouch, so I'm going to smoke that after it's dried out a little. I also have several small jars of different McClelland aromatic blends that must be 7-8 years old at this point. I've been avoiding them because they're super heavy on the flavor and burn really hot, but maybe by now they've mellowed a bit.

Last edited:
Opened up a tin Of GLP Haddo's Delight that I found at he B&M with a 2017 date code.

How was that? I've just bought one dated September 2017, not opened it yet and annoyingly it's my first tin of it, so I have nothing to compare it to. Is it much different to a newer one?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
How was that? I've just bought one dated September 2017, not opened it yet and annoyingly it's my first tin of it, so I have nothing to compare it to. Is it much different to a newer one?

It was my first tin and first time trying Haddo's also. I liked it ok, had a really nice flavor, but it did seem to me like it could use alot more ageing. So I jarred it up for later. I do plan on acquiring more tins of it though. :)

It was my first tin and first time trying Haddo's also. I liked it ok, had a really nice flavor, but it did seem to me like it could use alot more ageing. So I jarred it up for later. I do plan on acquiring more tins of it though. :)

I'm smoking my first pipe of it right now, have to say I'm really enjoying it, I think I'll be getting a few more too but I do have a lot of other tobaccos to get through at the moment so I may jar the rest up for at least a few more months, since the consensus seems to be that ageing really benefits this one. Thanks mate.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm smoking my first pipe of it right now, have to say I'm really enjoying it, I think I'll be getting a few more too but I do have a lot of other tobaccos to get through at the moment so I may jar the rest up for at least a few more months, since the consensus seems to be that ageing really benefits this one. Thanks mate.

It's definitely got some strong, spicey Perique to my tastes. I think some more ageing will mellow out that perique even more.

Top Bottom