Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Gonna crack it right by my nose and suck in all that 5 year old air

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I chickened out lol!!! I have only 2 of this vintage so I cracked a jar from this Feb instead.

I chickened out lol!!! I have only 2 of this vintage so I cracked a jar from this Feb instead.
I have a jar from about the same vintage (April 2012 actually), recently opened. Whenever we get around to having the inaugural Honolulu Pipe & Social Club gathering (maybe for the LE herf?), I'll bring some along.

Opened a can of Star of the East for my first try. It was good, smelled great in the tin and burned a little warm ( that was all me, I was puffing away with what little time I had) and had no bite!

A great smoke but I wish there was just a hint more sweetness.

Popped a tin of Sutliff 1849 that’s been resting for over 3 years now. I have to say this is probably my favorite tobacco by then and a very nice Vaper for anyone interested.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cracked Cult Blood Red Moon and C&D Dark Burley. Then I mixed the two together. I sampled Blood Red Moon before and decided that it needs more tobacco flavor, less cherry flavor, and more nicotine.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Cracked Cult Blood Red Moon and C&D Dark Burley. Then I mixed the two together. I sampled Blood Red Moon before and decided that it needs more tobacco flavor, less cherry flavor, and more nicotine.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is an interesting and very true observation. I have both so will try this. I never did get some Short Cut to Mushrooms to mix with OJK. But this I can try.

That was my overall view on the BRM as well. One of the best cherry toppings I've had, so it is salvageable.

I opened some Scottish Mixture, and a tin of Viprati over the last two days.

Nice. Will that be the oldest FVF that you've tried?
Yes. I actually have a few tins from 2012, but I'm hanging on to those for the moment. (Want to get them to 10 years, plus I'm trying to keep tins in general and open jars.)

Puffing away right now. It's been a while since I've smoked FVF, and it's pretty damn delicious.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Yes. I actually have a few tins from 2012, but I'm hanging on to those for the moment. (Want to get them to 10 years, plus I'm trying to keep tins in general and open jars.)

Puffing away right now. It's been a while since I've smoked FVF, and it's pretty damn delicious.

The four year old FVF you sent me when I was first starting was amazing.

I hear you with opening jars instead of tins. That's what I do as well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Picked up a tin of Sutliff's Taste of Summer at the B&M. Had a 2015 date on it. Big picture of Peaches on the tin, but it didn't smell or taste like peaches. :) It was still an ok smoke to me, for an aromatic.

In the last week I've received three new to me Watch City blends: Deluxe Crumb Cut, Terrapin Station, and Rhythm & Blues. I've smoked all three and they are excellent. I jarred some pints up for the cellar and kept out three jelly jars with some smoking stock. I think I could smoke for the next year off of my smoking stock shelf. I really do need to develop some self-discipline about how many open jars/pouches/tins I have going; note: somewhere around 45. Then again, to what purpose?

Top Bottom