What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Occam Razor 2.0
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interesting looking razor, congratulations.

Very nice finds guys.

So what are you going to do with your duct taped Franken schick @John Rose?
Ah, yes...
V. 1
I shall glue the handle back together, replacing the missing chips with epoxy.
Wabi sabi and all that.

V. 2
The Soluna handle will be returned to duty as the handle for Goodwill that was was on it when I bought it.

And the duct tape? I'll probably just throw it away.
I know, wasteful, right? :whistling:

Ah, yes...
V. 1
I shall glue the handle back together, replacing the missing chips with epoxy.
Wabi sabi and all that.

V. 2
The Soluna handle will be returned to duty as the handle for Goodwill that was was on it when I bought it.

And the duct tape? I'll probably just throw it away.
I know, wasteful, right? :whistling:

I can't believe you are going to throw away the duct tape.
You should put something in the epoxy either dye or brass shavings or something.
Woodcraft and similar stores sell crushed stone and shell for inlace. Lots of options to make it more decorative.

Got it!
Not a grail, just baseline gear to play on the ‘Micromatic’ Monday (ASR Everyday?) thread. One rivet has a sheared head, she’s holding together just fine. No shave test yet...

Gem Damaskeene, walking distance antique mall, came with a unopened bubble pack of Gem Blue Stars, so I’ll get to try those.

42EA1A6F-4A93-4321-817F-6BC59371D294.jpeg

E040B7EB-8296-4D85-ABDF-E399D2D3D0EE.jpeg

4EA4B20C-FC3C-414B-87C9-AF63448166B8.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll chime in with my latest acquisition.

Still new to the SE razor club coming from straight razors. I was under the impression that Made In England 1912's were significantly more rare than the ones Made In USA. Sadly, I didn't do my research and WAY OVERPAID for this one. Seller refused to refund me fully and so paying for international shipping both ways would have cost me the whole price of the razor :a31: Looks like I'll have to keep her.

She's a beauty at least:

This arrived last night! After losing an online auction rare DE, I figured it was probably for the better and it gave me an opportunity to acquire a couple injectors for marginally less then I would have paid for the DE. A Golden 500 and a E2? Schick injector await my return home this evening and this beauty showed up last night! it's a shame I'll have to wait until after the weekend to get a chance to clean her up. 20190530_222037.jpg 20190530_222105.jpg

This arrived last night! After losing an online auction rare DE, I figured it was probably for the better and it gave me an opportunity to acquire a couple injectors for marginally less then I would have paid for the DE. A Golden 500 and a E2? Schick injector await my return home this evening and this beauty showed up last night! it's a shame I'll have to wait until after the weekend to get a chance to clean her up. View attachment 986046 View attachment 986047

That's a Schick type a right? I really enjoy shaving with my type b. Good score.

I'm joining the single edge club. I haven't bought a razor in a long time. Brushes and software are a different story, however. Lately, I've been looking at razors again and getting an itch to try something new. That itch will be scratched by the ATT SE2. On the way is an unused plate from BST, and a returned cap from ATT (with some Kai Milds to get free shipping). I will try it out with my Atlas and Kronos handles.

Just got this guy. Correct me if I am wrong. 1914 Ever Ready. Any other info is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190603_184932.jpg
    20190603_184932.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20190603_185220.jpg
    20190603_185220.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom