What's new

Pre de Provence No.63

CDDD91FA-571B-447A-903A-9A5B893C6176.jpeg
This just arrived today. I have the bath soap, shave soap and AS balm, and this is the cherry on top. “An aromatic, warm and spicy fragrance with top notes of peppery citrus, rounded with cedarwood, plum and violet leaves, finished with amber, leather and tobacco.” This stuff is awesome. Masculine but slightly floral and spicy. Very unique, and I’ve never smelled anything that resembles it. The women of the house love this stuff.

Women in my house also loved it, but not me. :D

I find it too "floral" for my taste (soap in my case), and just not nearly "enough" of leather and tobacco in the scent profile. Loved the performance, but not the scent, personally did not find it masculine at all - so I gave mine way to a good friend, who loves it.

Women in my house also loved it, but not me. :D

I find it too "floral" for my taste (soap in my case), and just not nearly "enough" of leather and tobacco in the scent profile. Loved the performance, but not the scent, personally did not find it masculine at all - so I gave mine way to a good friend, who loves it.
I can see how it is very polarizing, everyone I know either loves it or hates it. But to me, that’s what makes it bold. Keeping the women in the house happy is important too:001_cool:

I use this soap regularly. When my boys were younger and I could tell that they weren’t showering properly because the soap was the same size day after day, I got them going on the right path by giving them 63 bar soap. The bad part of that is now they want it or something similar and they don’t want to use something a little less expensive.
I also have the lotion and will use that and have no need to put on a fragrance that day.

I use this soap regularly. When my boys were younger and I could tell that they weren’t showering properly because the soap was the same size day after day, I got them going on the right path by giving them 63 bar soap. The bad part of that is now they want it or something similar and they don’t want to use something a little less expensive.
I also have the lotion and will use that and have no need to put on a fragrance that day.
Lol I can see that happening. I have the bath soap as well, and now I’m taking 2 showers a day instead of one because of it..

so how is this edt? does it last long? would you consider it a manly scent? is this edt made in france?
It smells great, just like the bath soap if you've tried that. My only complaint is that it doesn't last that long, maybe 2-3 hours before you need to reapply. It is a masculine scent, masculine in the way that a pink dress shirt under a tailored suit is masculine; some guys will hate it, but a lot of guys (including myself) love it. It does have some floral notes, so if that's not your thing you probably won't like it. But I highly recommend it. It is a classic scent and very unique. Ive been wearing it for the past few days, and all of my female acquaintances LOVE this stuff. Yes, it is made in France.

It smells great, just like the bath soap if you've tried that. My only complaint is that it doesn't last that long, maybe 2-3 hours before you need to reapply. It is a masculine scent, masculine in the way that a pink dress shirt under a tailored suit is masculine; some guys will hate it, but a lot of guys (including myself) love it. It does have some floral notes, so if that's not your thing you probably won't like it. But I highly recommend it. It is a classic scent and very unique. Ive been wearing it for the past few days, and all of my female acquaintances LOVE this stuff. Yes, it is made in France.
Some floral notes?!
It's like a liquid florist's shop. When I unwrapped the soap in the lavy, I could smell it in the parlour. Walking into the bath-room was like hitting a floral wall. After a while, the scent lessened (or my nose went numb), and now I actually enjoy showering with it, but as a wearable scent, it's not for me. The point about the fragrance being controversial is well taken. Some gents swear by it!

I have all 4 as well! I fell pretty deep down the 63 hole too. I’ll say this, post shave using that soap and aftershave is fantastic! It’s a great shave!

Reactions: GMM
Some floral notes?!
It's like a liquid florist's shop. When I unwrapped the soap in the lavy, I could smell it in the parlour. Walking into the bath-room was like hitting a floral wall. After a while, the scent lessened (or my nose went numb), and now I actually enjoy showering with it, but as a wearable scent, it's not for me. The point about the fragrance being controversial is well taken. Some gents swear by it!
Ya either love it, or ya hate it!

Top Bottom