What's new

Favorite Cheap Or Affordable Colognes?

Anyone try Barbasol Brisk? Ordered a bottle from Walgreen’s as they only sell it online. $2.29 for a five oz bottle and free shipping if sent to the store. Figuring it’s gonna be in the Aqua Velva zone. Too good of a deal not to try. Comes tomorrow

Anyone try Barbasol Brisk? Ordered a bottle from Walgreen’s as they only sell it online. $2.29 for a five oz bottle and free shipping if sent to the store. Figuring it’s gonna be in the Aqua Velva zone. Too good of a deal not to try. Comes tomorrow

Let us know what you think of it.

@Suhrim21 Ok so I got a bottle of Barbasol Brisk yesterday and tried it this morning. Comes in a plastic 5 oz bottle. It smells very similar to Mennen's Skin Bracer. Has that kind of sweet smell to it with a quick hit of menthol. I like it. I still like Aqua Velva better but my six year old says this is her absolute favorite so gonna be using this one a few more days in a row. At under $3 a bottle from Walgreens you can't go wrong unless you just don't like the Skin Bracer-like scent. Shave on.

upload_2019-5-25_10-38-1.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Suhrim21 Ok so I got a bottle of Barbasol Brisk yesterday and tried it this morning. Comes in a plastic 5 oz bottle. It smells very similar to Mennen's Skin Bracer. Has that kind of sweet smell to it with a quick hit of menthol. I like it. I still like Aqua Velva better but my six year old says this is her absolute favorite so gonna be using this one a few more days in a row. At under $3 a bottle from Walgreens you can't go wrong unless you just don't like the Skin Bracer-like scent. Shave on.

View attachment 983983
Thanks. I have got to try this! Sneaking past the War Department will be tough, but on the weekends she usually let's me wear the pants. Usually.

Hey guys what are your favorite Cheap Or affordable colognes? Mine Right now are aqua velva musk aftershave cologne and Brut cologne plastic bottle i get good results from that. Even newer old spice is decent.
Once upon a time I used to be fond of Kanøn, a Scandinavian brand (I presume), available at the local chemist's for a reasonable price. Canoe was another such one...but I've not used either for many a year. British Sterling was rather pungent though likeable, as I recall, and though I don't own any of them now, I'd happily wear them again. In the eighties I got into designer colognes, my favourite then being YSL's Kouros, but that was by no means cheap!

I love the references to Brut Cologne. Here's my bottle:

View attachment 984132
You know who is jealous? This guy. My bottle is small and puny compared to yours.
Anyway, I'm a sucker for cheap colognes/aftershaves. However, they have to be originals. Not a big fan of no name knock offs that try to be something else. It has to be original, by a legit maker. Like the Brut you get in Wal-Mart. My two expensive Colognes were PIFed to me by someone who doesn't think twice about dropping $500 a pop on a bottle of something. He's a good guy and I got him into wetshaving. I think he thought he owed me or something. I kept telling him the stuff I gave him cost less than $5. He wouldn't listen. Now I have a bottle of Polo Supreme Oud and a bottle of Creed Viking. I think I'll wear one on my birthday and one on my wife's birthday. I hope my daughter likes Supreme Oud and Creed Viking, because someone is going to get mostly a full bottle when I pass forty years or more from now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You know who is jealous? This guy. My bottle is small and puny compared to yours.
Anyway, I'm a sucker for cheap colognes/aftershaves. However, they have to be originals. Not a big fan of no name knock offs that try to be something else. It has to be original, by a legit maker. Like the Brut you get in Wal-Mart. My two expensive Colognes were PIFed to me by someone who doesn't think twice about dropping $500 a pop on a bottle of something. He's a good guy and I got him into wetshaving. I think he thought he owed me or something. I kept telling him the stuff I gave him cost less than $5. He wouldn't listen. Now I have a bottle of Polo Supreme Oud and a bottle of Creed Viking. I think I'll wear one on my birthday and one on my wife's birthday. I hope my daughter likes Supreme Oud and Creed Viking, because someone is going to get mostly a full bottle when I pass forty years or more from now.
Excellent!

Nope, it's filled to the brim with Brut Cologne. I keep it at the office so my mates can make fun of me. I use the smaller (vintage) bottles I keep at home.
If I remember correctly, the big bottle has the best juice! Awesome

Lidl in the UK and on the continent do a low priced cologne , think it's circa Euro 3,99 , it's called x bolt , and can easily rival the high priced cologne out there

Top Bottom