What's new

Above the Tie - Scratch & Dent Sale

Greetings B&B shavers!

First, let me introduce myself. My name's Matt, & I'm Stan's Son-In-Law. We started Above the Tie together, but I always considered myself the "wizard behind the curtain." With Stan's retirement, I've had to take the reins completely. It has been challenging and I know I have big shoes to fill.

Scratch & Dent Sale

I've just added Scratch & Dent parts and accessories to the site. They are all 40% - 50% off. The most common issues are spots in the anodizing, small dings, hairline scratches, & non-smooth copper sealant. These parts are perfectly functional, but not quite good enough to sell at retail.

This is the perfect opportunity to pick up a new base plate, head, handle, or accessory, or even a whole new razor.

Act fast! This is a limited time offer, only while supplies last.

You can find them here:
Scratch & Dent Sale

The Classics

We've been working hard on bringing back the original line of razors, now known as the Classics, and making them available at a lower price point. I'm happy to say we are now fully stocked. The Slants are back in stock as of this evening and are ready to go.

I've also added Satin and Polished finish options to the Classics as well. They cost a little more for the time and tools involved to add the new finish, but they look great.

The Classic Razors are available here:
Stainless Steel Safety Razors

Aluminum

Aluminum is also fully stocked. The collection remains the same. We will likely be adding OC slant and single edge plates later in the year.

The Aluminum Razors are available here:
Aluminum Safety Razors

Windsor

There have been some issues with the copper sealant, so only plates, caps, and stands are available. We are making one more run of handles, effectively making this a limited edition. Once the Copper is sold out, there will be no more. We will resist the 3-piece Windsor Copper Razors as soon as we have an estimate on when the handles will be completed.

We will continue to stock the stainless and hope to have a Brushed Matte option available later this year.

The Windsor Razors are available here:
Windsor Razors

Looking forward...

Its been a bit of a whirlwind, but everything is coming together and we're excited for new things to come. I'm very appreciative of all the ATT fans out there and we'll continue to serve you to the best of our ability.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I love the professionalism of your post, Matt. Good luck in all you do with Above The Tie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Welcome, Matt. You have some big shoes to fill, and it looks you are just the man to do it. My favorite razors are ATT SE1 & SE 2.
Stan, sorry to see you retired, but good luck.

I ordered an S&D Windsor R baseplate on Tuesday to complement my M baseplate.

The package arrived yesterday (thanks, USPS). Packing was effective and careful. If there’s a defect on the baseplate, I don’t see it.

I used the R this morning for the 8th and last shave with a Parker blade. Much more blade feel and audible feedback than with my M. Not quite as smooth but way more efficient, and the shave is closer. No nicks or irritation. I’ll try it with a fresh Astra tomorrow.

BTW, Matt, thanks for the detailed report. Is there hope for a Windsor slant any time soon? Personally, I’d prefer an SB version.

Welcome, Matt. You have some big shoes to fill, and it looks you are just the man to do it. My favorite razors are ATT SE1 & SE 2.
Stan, sorry to see you retired, but good luck.

Don't I know it. :) I've been using the SE1 consistently since they came out. I'm trying to get back to the DE's but the SE's are addictive.

BTW, Matt, thanks for the detailed report. Is there hope for a Windsor slant any time soon? Personally, I’d prefer an SB version.

You're welcome! Yes, I am looking forward to this one. We've been working through some production hiccups and trying to restock the classic. I haven't green-lit the production yet, but hopefully they will be ready later this year.

Top Bottom