What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

Fantastic order! Saponificio Varesino is a big favorite. Could you possibly compare the scents from Opuntia and Cubebe and I'd you have it, their 70th Anniversary? I love the 70th Anniversary but I'm wondering if the others are a close match

I already have the Cubebe soap (got it last week) and I will receive Optunia soap somewhere this week (probably Wednesday), but the scents are quite complex to me so it's quite hard to compare. I don't have the 70th anniversary
But a "shaving friend" of mine made this, that might be helpful:
Saponificio Varesino Scent Notes - The Shaving Dutchman

I already have the Cubebe soap (got it last week) and I will receive Optunia soap somewhere this week (probably Wednesday), but the scents are quite complex to me so it's quite hard to compare. I don't have the 70th anniversary
But a "shaving friend" of mine made this, that might be helpful:
Saponificio Varesino Scent Notes - The Shaving Dutchman

Thank you so much for this. I've been resisting getting Cubebe but I may have to give in, it sounds wonderful

I find Cubebe the best one, keep in mind that I also have Dolomiti and Mirto di Sardegna.

I have the 70th Anniversary, Felce Aromatica, Tundra Artica and Asylum Colonia. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. My fiancee prefers the 70th so I use it the most. I've heard the Cubebe EDT is fantastic with great longevity and projection. I think that resistance is likely futile with this scent.

I have the 70th Anniversary, Felce Aromatica, Tundra Artica and Asylum Colonia. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. My fiancee prefers the 70th so I use it the most. I've heard the Cubebe EDT is fantastic with great longevity and projection. I think that resistance is likely futile with this scent.

There is no Cubebe EDT from SV I believe, only a EdP(Eau de Parfum). I wll recieve the EdP also Wednesday, so then I will write a short review either in my SOTD or another topic (not sure yet what's the best suited)
Cubebe Eau de Parfum | Saponificio Varesino Online Store

Pfff it's expensive for a synthetic brush, I can imagine you want to negotiate. AP Shave Co also has great synthetics for a way better price by the way.
Thank you! I've tried a few synthetics & am eager to try the Simpson. So far, the best synthetic I've tried is the Muhle silvertip synthetic. I've tried the APShaveCo Synbad knot before.

Italian Barber. Was just looking for Mitchell's WF and ended up with much more. 24 hr delivery via UPS as Italian Barber is only about 75 km away.

1x 10 Treet Dura Sharp Double Edge Blades, 1 pack of 10 (10 blades)
1x RazoRock Essential Oil Of Lime After Shave Splash
1x 100 Gillette Nacet Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades
1x (Green Splash) Proraso Aftershave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol - Splash
1x Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill
1x Luxury Wood Shaving Soap Bowl - Brown

908B141B-D306-4152-93C0-5408DAA60F3E.jpeg
2B259B7A-E44D-4F83-A116-FBC5F9F9F679.jpeg
This just arrived on my doorstep!

Italian Barber. Was just looking for Mitchell's WF and ended up with much more. 24 hr delivery via UPS as Italian Barber is only about 75 km away.

1x 10 Treet Dura Sharp Double Edge Blades, 1 pack of 10 (10 blades)
1x RazoRock Essential Oil Of Lime After Shave Splash
1x 100 Gillette Nacet Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades
1x (Green Splash) Proraso Aftershave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol - Splash
1x Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill
1x Luxury Wood Shaving Soap Bowl - Brown

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom