What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

CJB GR-100B kamisori shavette.

proxy.php
Actually I find this one to be a better choice than the Feather DX.

Any tips on honing? I have Shapton 1.5k for bevel, Naniwa 5k, 8k, 12k. Does it just take longer due to hard steel or is there something more to it?
Those stones will do fine. Just take it slow and easy, but be prepared that it might take more time than you're used to.

Found this ERN seven day in the wild today for $25. It’s is the “Friday” razor as seen in the pics . The gold is pretty beat up but I still think it will be as good a shaver as my other ERN ! It has great tortoiseshell scales as well

A61954CA-7EC3-4D8F-96B7-683EC2A3BF0E.jpeg
25A5DAC9-AC49-485E-8497-6C7ECE43F4BC.jpeg

Found this ERN seven day in the wild today for $25. It’s is the “Friday” razor as seen in the pics . The gold is pretty beat up but I still think it will be as good a shaver as my other ERN ! It has great tortoiseshell scales as well
View attachment 981270 View attachment 981271
That's a beautiful Ern, and I knew that it would be a fine shaver. Congratulations.

Just got this in the mail. It was one high on my list of must-haves. J. A. Henckels Friodur 72 1/2
My favorite Friodur. I love the size, weight, and grind. I consider it my workhouse razor, as I could shave with it daily under any conditions and it would perform well day after day. When I don't know which razor to use in the morning, I generally reach for my 72 1/2. Enjoy.

619BA410-5F32-41C6-8A1F-2F080918A7BF.jpeg
My first vintage razor and the fist one with ivory scales. I absolutely like it.
If somebody of you guys knows something more in detail about this kind of razor I am happy to read it.

Top Bottom