What's new

First SR shave

Shave #129 (283 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Supply Injector (1-Dot plate), Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, SS Citrus & Bay soap, Thayers Medicated, and Bootlegger’s BR AS to finish!

Minor detour day on the road to 300 open blade shaves...felt like using the injector today instead!

Everything went pretty smoothly except one little bit where I scraped over a growing pimple. I couple DFS patches I missed during cleanup, but overall a good shave! Bay Rum day is always a good one!

Today is my “Wednesday” at work. Should be fairly chill. I find out today at our grounds crew meeting what the weekend is shaping up to be. Not too busy I hope!

Headed into Mother’s Day weekend gents, don’t forget!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #130 (284 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, LNHC Coconut Oud soap, Thayers Medicated, Old Spice AS (modern), and Stirling Glastonbury EdT to finish!

Nice shave today, swapping out the Voskhod helped.

So glad I was able to snag Aaron ’s BST deal. I’ve been hankering for some new CBL (blueberry muffin sounds divine...and it did come about after I ribbed Dave in KY about his breakfast choices) getting to try a new LNHC too will be icing on the cake.

Busy weekend ahead with a Girl Scouts-like meeting and volleyball games today, full day foster parent conference tomorrow, and many other little things. At least I get to close up early tomorrow, once things are cleaned up for services.

Family is out of town for a day, headed off to see a triple A baseball game with my wife’s parents later. So I’m bach’in it for the night! Too bad I’m working lol.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #131 (285 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Scheermonnik Delfts Wit soap, Thayers Medicated, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

I’m pooped this morning. Typical “didn’t get enough sleep due to absence of missus” effect. Off to work in a bit.

Shave was nice. Almost nixed the Feather for the shave due to tired eyes, but went ahead anyway. No damage! Yay!

Looking forward to getting off work earlier than normal.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #132 (285 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, CBL Oud Minerale soap, Thayers Medicated, Lucky Tiger AS, and Terre d’Hermes EdT to finish!

I am feeling beat! Excellent shower n shave though to kick off this Mother’s Day Sunday. Thank you to all the moms out there (and Wednesday morning Mr Moms too); I dare say near everyone has had at least one positively influential woman in their life, be sure to honor them!

Followed through with the TdH inspired shave this morning, simply superb all around. I wish my want list weren’t so long, TdH is definitely on there somewhere!

Services this morning. Perhaps a lunch out and short trip to a place the missus likes, as she appreciates and loves to do. I’ll be attempting dinner later...it’s that thought that counts right?
upload_2019-5-12_8-3-7.gif

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #133 (286 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Revolution soap, Thayers Medicated, Myrsol K AS, and Chatillon Lux Lavande Poivre EdT to finish!

First use of A&E and Chatillon Lux products! Thanks @Dave in KY, really looking forward to the soaps the rest of this week!

Video is up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Revolution soap, Thayers Medicated, Myrsol K AS, and Chatillon Lux Lavande Poivre EdT to finish!

First use of A&E and Chatillon Lux products! Thanks @Dave in KY, really looking forward to the soaps the rest of this week!

I need to try the Pro Blade as soon as the Pro Guard is dull .

Well gosh darn it, I was just notified that I accidentally swapped a bit of the video order. Going to re-upload. Correct version should be done in a couple of hours hopefully.

I need to try the Pro Blade as soon as the Pro Guard is dull .

Not used a Pro Guard before, just went straight to the Pro. You’ll have to report back on the differences!

Shave #134 (287 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Revolution soap, Thayers Medicated, and Proraso Red AS to finish!

Ok shave today, some irritation and razor burn lingering. I think it was from being a bit heavy handed or these Bic blades.

Soap certainly did it’s best. I’ll reiterate again, very thirsty soap. Great slickness and residual slickness (with a touch of water). It’s the kind of soap base that leaves good stuff behind. Still leaning toward elite status right now, but not calling it yet.

This Revolution scent is kind of meh pleasant, not particularly one I’d have to have. Still a ton left over from the half sample I smeared out; I had no hesitations putting it in my Puke Tub.

Back to work today. It’s going to be another full week and busy weekend. Whatever this cough is that’s going around, it’s still sticking around our house too. Doesn’t feel like a sickness of any type, just something air/allergy related.

Still a lot left to do on my James 1 teaching and a lunch meeting in a couple of hours before work.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #134 (287 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Revolution soap, Thayers Medicated, and Proraso Red AS to finish!

Ok shave today, some irritation and razor burn lingering. I think it was from being a bit heavy handed or these Bic blades.

Soap certainly did it’s best. I’ll reiterate again, very thirsty soap. Great slickness and residual slickness (with a touch of water). It’s the kind of soap base that leaves good stuff behind. Still leaning toward elite status right now, but not calling it yet.

This Revolution scent is kind of meh pleasant, not particularly one I’d have to have. Still a ton left over from the half sample I smeared out; I had no hesitations putting it in my Puke Tub.

Back to work today. It’s going to be another full week and busy weekend. Whatever this cough is that’s going around, it’s still sticking around our house too. Doesn’t feel like a sickness of any type, just something air/allergy related.

Still a lot left to do on my James 1 teaching and a lunch meeting in a couple of hours before work.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Essentially you do a daily double everyday?

Shave #135 (288 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Bic Chrome Platinum, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Novelist soap, Thayers Medicated, and Paul Sebastian AS to finish!

Yep, today’s shave confirmed it, the Bic blade has got to go; it is not a smooth finisher. Luckily this was my last one.

Yesterday’s irritation calmed down quickly after an extra dose of witch hazel. Sadly, not as bad, but still irritation during today’s shave; too much scraping. Swapping Bic out later. Shave result was good otherwise.

First use of A&E Novelist. Slightly more pronounced notes than Revolution. It’s a very sweet scent; I also get some kind of leather and a tobacco note popped up a little. The soap is definitely top of tier 1; I don’t know what it is, but still hesitating on calling it elite.

No real date morning this week, the Mrs. has and early PT appointment. So I grabbed coffee and a bite of breakfast to share after taking the kids to school, brought it home, we were able to sit together for about 10 minutes then she was off for the appointment and work. She more often thrives on full schedules...I hate it (full schedules).

Hopefully finishing up my James 1 study by the end of the night. Also hoping this cough and slightly sore throat improve before I have to give the study tomorrow.

Work should be relaxed today. It’s the last regular meeting of study groups and kid’s nights through summer break. So Wednesday shifts are looking pretty chill for a while.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #136 (288 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Game Changer .68, Gillette 7 o’clock Green blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Novelist soap, Thayers Medicated, and Man Dom AS to finish!

Shaved earlier before rushing out the door to do my teaching. 7 o’clock Green was a significant improvement over the Bic.

I try to keep my scents muted and inoffensive on teaching days, something I can slap a frag onto later if I so choose.

No Feather this morning due to time, but a great shave regardless.

Teaching went well, a slightly smaller group this morning. Those not there were absences due to weather. This week is an odd one as far as CA Mays go. Been raining cats and dogs on and off today.

Work in a couple of hours!

Shave #136 (288 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Game Changer .68, Gillette 7 o’clock Green blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Novelist soap, Thayers Medicated, and Man Dom AS to finish!

Shaved earlier before rushing out the door to do my teaching. 7 o’clock Green was a significant improvement over the Bic.

I try to keep my scents muted and inoffensive on teaching days, something I can slap a frag onto later if I so choose.

No Feather this morning due to time, but a great shave regardless.

Teaching went well, a slightly smaller group this morning. Those not there were absences due to weather. This week is an odd one as far as CA Mays go. Been raining cats and dogs on and off today.

Work in a couple of hours!

Not familiar with those razors. Which are a straight razor type?

Shave #137 (289 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Gillette 7 o’clock Green blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, A&E Grecian Horse soap, Thayers Medicated, and Barbasol PR AS to finish!

Very nice shave today with minimal irritation from chasing.

Today was first use of A&E Grecian Horse. There is a lot going on in this scent. The profile changed for me about 3 times between sniffing it out of the sample jar, smearing it into my bowl, and mid shave lathering. Nice scent on this one, very floral to me though; a heavy underlay of bergamot came through second and third passes. Very fresh and green overall, which would fit with its being a fougere I guess!

5th use of A&E’s soap base, I think it’s best performance (where it feels elite) is in its first pass and residual slickness (with a little water applied). The lather feels very nice on the face, post shave feel is in the good-very good range, in-shave slickness and glide feel was probably where it felt average to me (weird since residual is so good). I’ll call it elite overall. I think it’d be solid elite if I found a scent I really dug (hoping the last up, L’Orange Vert might be one). All the scents have been pleasing, but nothing “wow gotta have that” yet.

Busy weekend ahead at work. Among the many things, there is a marriage conference simul-cast going on tonight, headlined by a couple big names, such as Francis Chan and his wife. Something my wife and I would probably have gone to had I not been working, it looked promising. Only one night I get to close up shop an hour early, otherwise late nights.

Not looking forward to catching up on yard work come Sunday!

Have a great Friday all, you made it!

Top Bottom