What's new

Looking for summer/ spring scents

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I just wanted to know what you guys are wearing for spring and summer. I may have some of the same things you have. It's still cool at night here in Baltimore and at night is when I usually go out and use my coognes.

Azzaro PH, Paco Rabanne PH, Bulgari Aqva, Polo green, Chanel Allure Sport Extreme, Nautical Chrome, Lanvin Sport are a few of my favorites.

Summer scents...I have a bunch. A partial list:

Cool Water by Davidoff
Eau de Gaga by Lady Gaga
Acqua Essenziale Blu by Salvatore Ferragamo
Aqua Pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari
Eternity For Men and CK One by Calvin Klein
Sauvage by Dior
Prestige Black by Cuba Paris
Set Sail St. Barts for Men by Tommy Bahama

The future Mrs DorsetBlue and myself went fragrance shopping a couple of weeks ago, for our future nuptials in Grenada. After much deliberation (and sinus destruction), I left with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Intense (the normal just didn't have enough umph!) and the SO came out with a Jimmy Choo one (cannot remember which). I have subsequently also picked up a bottle of Davidoff Cool Water for general summer use.

The future Mrs DorsetBlue and myself went fragrance shopping a couple of weeks ago, for our future nuptials in Grenada. After much deliberation (and sinus destruction), I left with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Intense (the normal just didn't have enough umph!) and the SO came out with a Jimmy Choo one (cannot remember which). I have subsequently also picked up a bottle of Davidoff Cool Water for general summer use.
The normal Le Male didn't have enough oomph?? You sure your sinuses weren't destroyed already? ;-)

The normal Le Male didn't have enough oomph?? You sure your sinuses weren't destroyed already? ;-)

Okay, a better way to put it is: I really like the top notes of Le Male but the base notes are lacking. The Intense version stays with the top notes for hours, whilst the normal fades to the base notes relatively quickly (about an hour).

Okay, a better way to put it is: I really like the top notes of Le Male but the base notes are lacking. The Intense version stays with the top notes for hours, whilst the normal fades to the base notes relatively quickly (about an hour).
Makes sense, I’ve never tried the Intense but it’s helpful to hear about the comparison.

Congrats on your impending wedding by the way! Is that Grenada as in Spain?

Congrats on your impending wedding by the way! Is that Grenada as in Spain?

As much as I love Spain (spent a lovely fortnight in Andalucia last year, in a villa up a mountain surrounded by Olive groves), no. This is the Caribbean Grenada. Actually my Razorock Caribbean Holiday has just turned up and it is Pina Colada in an aftershave.

As much as I love Spain (spent a lovely fortnight in Andalucia last year, in a villa up a mountain surrounded by Olive groves), no. This is the Caribbean Grenada. Actually my Razorock Caribbean Holiday has just turned up and it is Pina Colada in an aftershave.
Well that sounds equally amazing, if not more so. And its making me realize that I misspelled the Spanish city of Granada... long week, brain is fried.

Well that sounds equally amazing, if not more so. And its making me realize that I misspelled the Spanish city of Granada... long week, brain is fried.

Yes, should be. As long as the sandals wedding coordinators are up to snuff (other half is not a bridezilla by any stretch of the imagination but it doesn't stop her fretting).

Summer??
Always great to shave with MENTHOL!!

queen charlotte vostok penhaligon feather aqua velva december 29 2017.jpg

Nautica Voyage.
Green Irish Tweed or its dupes.
Azzaro Pour Homme Summer 2015 limited edition.
Azzaro Silver Black.
Faberge Brut.
Polo Blue.
Azzaro Chrome.
Azzaro Chrome Aqua.
Montblanc Legend.
Coach for Men.
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme.
Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger.

Paul Sebastian Casual
Lauder Beyond Paradise
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's
Terre d'Hermes
Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime
Pinaud Clubman
Any traditional lavender or rose
Bay rum/Bay rum with lime
Guerlain Imperiale cologne

Mont Blanc Starwalker
Dolce & Gabbana light blue intense
Mont Blanc Explorer
Stirling Soap Co Pharaoh's Dreamsicle EDT
Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Homme

Dr. Harris Windsor
Bvlogari Aqva
Houbagant fougere royal
Polo blue
Acqua classica
YSL L'Homme

These get a lot of use during the summer time.

Brooks Brothers Country Club, which has never gotten enough love to my mind. Unusual mint notes.

Also, Bond No. 9, Fire Island. European sun screen.

Both very warm weather to me. I wish I still had some C&S Oxford and Cambridge.

I just wanted to know what you guys are wearing for spring and summer. I may have some of the same things you have. It's still cool at night here in Baltimore and at night is when I usually go out and use my coognes.
The ones I enjoy for summer vary from barbershop aftershaves to designer edt's. My faves in no particuIar order are; Aspen, Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue, Aqua di Gio, Sander by Jil Sander, 4711, Nautica Voyage, and a recent purchase, Kenneth Cole Blue, which is simply captivating.

Top Bottom