What's new

Pinaud Clubman

hey found a brand new 16 oz bottle of Clubman country club size at thrift store for what i think was a good price yesterday... thoughts... I am anxious to try it out but haven't shaved yet today.

It’s a classic. The scent is iconic—many, including myself, think it defined the American barbershop Fougère scent. It’s definitely in my top five of aftershaves.

yeah i keep beating myself up for not buying the other at the same time , they had 2 bottles and they were 3 bucks a piece.....maybe they will still have it when i go back.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It’s a classic. The scent is iconic—many, including myself, think it defined the American barbershop Fougère scent. It’s definitely in my top five of aftershaves.

Yes and yes! Nothing better ... if you add a few drops of glycerin. In my opinion.

AA

Clubman is a classic! It's the first AS I found that "just did it for me". I love the powdery finish.
I put about 5 - 8 drops of glycerin in a full bottle of Clubman.

I like my Clubman cut with witch hazel and a bit of wintergreen isopropyl. Livens it up a bit, enhances the feel and scent.

Yup.
I think of Pinaud Clubman Classic as a grown-up version of Brut.
Or rather that Brut is the punk kid version of Clubman Classic.

What does the glycerin do?
Glycerin is a humectant that can be naturally derived from plant oils, or it can also be synthetically produced. As a humectant, glycerin works to moisturize the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin's outer layer.
Other uses:
  • additive for bubble-blowing soap, makes them last longer by thickening the "skin" of the bubble.
  • liquid filler in pressure gauges and compasses to dampen the motion of the needle
  • to create "uberlather" = shaving soap + shaving cream + glycerin. See the shavewiki article: Uberlather

Top Bottom