What's new

The Electric razor thread

Thank you guys for all your responses. Unfortunately I don't think I can find Lectric preshave here in Europe. Of course I will check some drugstores to see if they keep some. I do like wet shaving but when I'm travelling I really don't have will to wet shave.

Thank you guys for all your responses. Unfortunately I don't think I can find Lectric preshave here in Europe. Of course I will check some drugstores to see if they keep some. I do like wet shaving but when I'm travelling I really don't have will to wet shave.

Freelette is actually better, to me, and serves as a pre-shave and aftershave. Made in Israel it might be more available overseas....

I have also used creams with an electric, but for me it works no better than dry. Just an extra step ,so I don’t bother . Have tried Lectric shave the lotion ,I don’t like the oily feeling and it tends to make the blades harder to clean.
I like Afta.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

In all honesty, aqua velva ice blue (original) does basically the same thing as lectric shave for me when I use it as an electric preshave. The alcohol helps to clean your skin, the menthol helps your hair stand up, and the absurd amount of glycerin they add to their products provides plenty of glide for your shaver. Skin bracer works the same however they use PG which isn't quite as slick on your skin as glycerin.

In all honesty, aqua velva ice blue (original) does basically the same thing as lectric shave for me when I use it as an electric preshave. The alcohol helps to clean your skin, the menthol helps your hair stand up, and the absurd amount of glycerin they add to their products provides plenty of glide for your shaver. Skin bracer works the same however they use PG which isn't quite as slick on your skin as glycerin.
Aftershave also smells better than the Lectric Shave Lotion and you don't have to rinse it off after you shave.

Clayton

Which is best for sensitive skin? Rotary or foil? I have a Norelco rotary (the old reflex model) I put new cutting heads on it but it bites my neck. I'm getting turkey neck in my later years. I usually use a DE razor with a Personna Blue or a Feather blade. I was thinking of a Panasonic ES-RT51 wet/dry.

Which is best for sensitive skin? Rotary or foil? I have a Norelco rotary (the old reflex model) I put new cutting heads on it but it bites my neck. I'm getting turkey neck in my later years. I usually use a DE razor with a Personna Blue or a Feather blade. I was thinking of a Panasonic ES-RT51 wet/dry.
That model has good reviews and consided top of the line. I use a Braun series 3 and find it works for me . Bought it back in 2010 .

That model has good reviews and consided top of the line. I use a Braun series 3 and find it works for me . Bought it back in 2010 .

I'd have to second a Braun foil. You'll still have to stretch said skin to get those spots but that chance of the shaver grabbing your skin in the process is drastically reduced vs a rotary style.

Go with a Braun Foil. I think they give the best shave. Go with atleast a Series-5. I've owned a 5 and now own a Series-7, and 9. Great wet/dry shavers.

I'd have to second a Braun foil. You'll still have to stretch said skin to get those spots but that chance of the shaver grabbing your skin in the process is drastically reduced vs a rotary style.
Norelco's will bite. I was in a hurry one morning and got bit by my Philips Spectra.

Clayton

Freelette is actually better, to me, and serves as a pre-shave and aftershave. Made in Israel it might be more available overseas....

Thank you guys for suggestions. I believe Aqua Velva is available in Mueller.

A foil is generally considered better than a rotary for comfort - less movement needed, thinner metal and closer shave. The Arc 3 is a fine electric - I currently use an Arc 5 with a pre-shave and soap, and it provides a very comfortable shave. Panasonics cycle slightly faster than Brauns (14,000 cps vs 10,000 cps), and the heads can heat up faster, so I prefer a wet shave, although a light touch helps with either. The new Braun Series 9 shavers are noted for their comfort, but I used a Series 7 for years and found it comfortable as well. Lots of choices in electrics these days, and any modern Braun or Panasonic should give you a close, comfortable shave.

So I owned both. Had a braun (foil) and still have Phillips (rotary). While Braun worked fine, Phillips caused blood and terrible razor burn on my neck, this is why I haven't used it for a few years. Now that same phillips works perfectly. If my electric breaks and I hypothetically decide to buy a new electric I'd go with braun honestly. My friend got (also around the same time as I) some kind of Phillips rotary razor, similar to mine but not the same, he also said it chewed up his neck, however he doesn't like any new cartridge razors and is a fellow wet shaver, but he has that Mediterranean thick dark beard.

So I owned both. Had a braun (foil) and still have Phillips (rotary). While Braun worked fine, Phillips caused blood and terrible razor burn on my neck, this is why I haven't used it for a few years. Now that same phillips works perfectly. If my electric breaks and I hypothetically decide to buy a new electric I'd go with braun honestly. My friend got (also around the same time as I) some kind of Phillips rotary razor, similar to mine but not the same, he also said it chewed up his neck, however he doesn't like any new cartridge razors and is a fellow wet shaver, but he has that Mediterranean thick dark beard.
I was thinking of trying a:
Panasonic ES-RT51-S Arc3 Wet/Dry 3-Blade Cordless Electric Razor With cream or gel might be very good.

I was thinking of trying a:
Panasonic ES-RT51-S Arc3 Wet/Dry 3-Blade Cordless Electric Razor With cream or gel might be very good.

I know we are all different and many people report of success with Electric wet shaving but personally it's never worked with any Electric shaving device. It just causes so much drag and pull. The tighter and dryer my skin is, the closer and more comfortable my Electric shaves are. Try talc or corn starch, it lubricates and helps to lift hair but doesn't drag and rinses easily.

Top Bottom