What's new

Omega 10098 vs 48

Omega 48 vs 10098

Results are only viewable after voting.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve been using my 49 for about two weeks daily and it is beginning to break in nicely. Loving it. Better than my 48s - maybe.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
What differences are you noticing between the two?
Just the handle. I believe it has the same knot. I wasn’t sure I would like it but as it turns out I enjoy the difference in ergonomics - not that it is a huge deal but I find myself using it exclusively but I’ll never give up my 10 year old 48!

Just the handle. I believe it has the same knot. I wasn’t sure I would like it but as it turns out I enjoy the difference in ergonomics - not that it is a huge deal but I find myself using it exclusively but I’ll never give up my 10 year old 48!

It's that whole your mileage may vary thing. I find myself getting less picky about some bigger things and then pickier about some really little things. I'm using that to thin the shaving den.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Exactly. I’m not particularly into brushes or soaps. I spend my money on growing pile of straight razors I don’t really need instead.

I am using 20102 for almost two years now. Omega website list them as 27mm knot 62 loft.
I have come to really like the handle on this brush.
It is very classy looking with a cheap screen printed sticker. I sneaked over to wife's vanity cabinet and quietly scarfed a clear nail paint enamel. Gave three coats to the handle and it is holding nice and shiny after two years use in rotation.
And yes this brush can slay a badger.

Exactly. I’m not particularly into brushes or soaps. I spend my money on growing pile of straight razors I don’t really need instead.

Oops tell me about it lol. I just got a Mappin lancet that I have zero idea how to hone but it's a beaut that survived 2 world wars.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oops tell me about it lol. I just got a Mappin lancet that I have zero idea how to hone but it's a beaut that survived 2 world wars.
My advice, as always, is to get a piece of acrylic and a pack of film and start honing. You won’t hurt it. Just read the “Honing for Newbies” sticky at the top of the Honing sub forum.

Ordered two 98s. To allow 48 hours dry. All new: different brush, aproach, usage...

so how’s it been in comparison to the 48 you had used before.

I find myself in a similar dilemma and this thread has helped till an extent.

would love to hear from you now about it.

did you prefer the 48 to the replacement 98s you got?

I am using 20102 for almost two years now. Omega website list them as 27mm knot 62 loft.
I have come to really like the handle on this brush.
It is very classy looking with a cheap screen printed sticker. I sneaked over to wife's vanity cabinet and quietly scarfed a clear nail paint enamel. Gave three coats to the handle and it is holding nice and shiny after two years use in rotation.
And yes this brush can slay a badger.

I bought this one today to make a settlement between by dilemma of whether to get the 48 or the 98

:p

did you ever attempt to run off the cheap screen printing though?

Top Bottom