What's new

First Wild West Brushworks brush

My first brush from Wild West Brushworks arrived. Red/gray swirled with a 26mm Timberwolf knot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great looking brush! I follow them and Craving Shaving on Etsy. We're lucky to have great brush artisans.

So many wonderful artisans. I have several of Derek's handles along with ones from several other artisans (That Darn Rob, Turn N Shave, Dogwood Handcrafts, Craving Shaving, Rudy Vey, Brad Sears, Black Anvil, Leonidam, Crazy Badger, Wolf Whiskers, C&R, Lutin Brushworks, etc) and probably some I am forgetting.

Incredible choices on the market today.

So many wonderful artisans. I have several of Derek's handles along with ones from several other artisans (That Darn Rob, Turn N Shave, Dogwood Handcrafts, Craving Shaving, Rudy Vey, Brad Sears, Black Anvil, Leonidam, Crazy Badger, Wolf Whiskers, C&R, Lutin Brushworks, etc) and probably some I am forgetting.

Incredible choices on the market today.
I'm curious to know how you might rank them?

I'm curious to know how you might rank them?

That's a great question. Give me a few days to compile my thoughts. I will have to give different thoughts on the handle vs knot because some have Declaration Grooming knots vs TDR Fanchurian/HMW vs Elite HMW/Manchurian vs other knots. I will make sure to provide pictures also.

That's a great question. Give me a few days to compile my thoughts. I will have to give different thoughts on the handle vs knot because some have Declaration Grooming knots vs TDR Fanchurian/HMW vs Elite HMW/Manchurian vs other knots. I will make sure to provide pictures also.

Awesome. Let me clarify. I'm wondering about how you would rank your artisan handles. I'm familiar with many of the knots (natural hair and synthetic) but handle creativity and quality seems to vary. What are your favorites, I suppose?

Yeah, that looks awesome. His brushes are some of my overall favorites in style. I went a little overboard the past couple months and picked these up:

20190911_105226.jpg

They're just stunning, well-crafted brushes all around.

Top Bottom