What's new

My Journey to B&B (&Beyond)

Lastly if you find it difficult to break it in try this Rofl!
Mawashi Patented 15 min Boar Busting Method lol.

Happy shaves!

proxy.php

Rado,

Depending on how adventurous you are you can start with a cheap and good shavette or the less risky option of an open comb single edge razor.

1. US $12.33 |77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Straight Razor Blades To Shave Blade For Men Barber -in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
The thread that lead me to itb
Shavette suggestions

2. A single edge shick or open comb double edge vintage gillette Vintage DE for cleaning up gotee

Either way you'll need a ery good slick soap and the most bang for the buck are Arkos, proraso and TFS.
I prefer arkos as they seem to last forever lol.
TFS Traditional Shaving Soap Block 1000 ml

For brushes get a cheap Omega or a Semogue they are great brushes, don't get a large one unless you need to shave your beard n head otherwise a medium should be sufficient.
OMEGA Shaving Brushes
Semogue Shaving Brushes

I would love to have a 1800 or 11126.

Lastly if you find it difficult to break it in try this Rofl!
Mawashi Patented 15 min Boar Busting Method lol.

Happy shaves!

Good suggestion!
I am now considering the shavette.
Already heard some good things about Proraso and purchased the aftershave from the white line.
The soap is indispensable in my case.
I'll take a look at those brushes.
Thanks !

Welcome to B&B and please teach these 'muricans that Bulgarian cream "Kapo" is pronounced "Karo". :smartass: It' s french for the diamonds playing card symbol.

Hahaha - nice one ! How do you actually know about it ?

"Kapo with P literally means empty and it's most commonly used when you play bridge belote and you haven't won a single hand this round.
"Karo (written in Bulgarian Каро)"is the classic old school shaving cream. Like he just said "кaро" also means diamonds in the world of playing cards.

Cheers !

I didn't even know that. Thank you !
I just read about it and some article in Bulgarian says that the quality is no more the same as in the old days.

Rado,

Please research the blades for the shavette as they play a super important role.

I‘ll probably go for a shavette with those universal size blades which you put on the DE safety razors. The thing is you have to break them in the middle and use only the half of them for the shavette. This means they can be used twice. They are also to find anywhere. So it seems like a good deal. I only hope that they are good fixed to the shavette as I don‘t want to commit Harakiri - at least not yet.

Cheers

I‘ll probably go for a shavette with those universal size blades which you put on the DE safety razors. The thing is you have to break them in the middle and use only the half of them for the shavette. This means they can be used twice. They are also to find anywhere. So it seems like a good deal. I only hope that they are good fixed to the shavette as I don‘t want to commit Harakiri - at least not yet.

Cheers

The shavette I showed you doesn't use DE blades but special shavette blades like a feather.

SG$ 12.02 21%OFF | 100 Pcs Antelope Super-77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade
US $8.8 20% OFF|100 Pcs Antelope Super 77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

SG$ 11.48 21%OFF | 100 Pcs Antelope Senior-77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade
US $8.4 20% OFF|100 Pcs Antelope Senior 77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

These blades are thicker and more suited for a shavette.

A shavette using DE blades might not cut as clean as these blades as they are thinner and may bend more.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

The shavette I showed you doesn't use DE blades but special shavette blades like a feather.

SG$ 12.02 21%OFF | 100 Pcs Antelope Super-77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade
US $8.8 20% OFF|100 Pcs Antelope Super 77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

SG$ 11.48 21%OFF | 100 Pcs Antelope Senior-77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade
US $8.4 20% OFF|100 Pcs Antelope Senior 77 Razor Blades Brand Stainless Steel Safety Razor Blades To Shave Blade To Razor For Men Barber Blade-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

These blades are thicker and more suited for a shavette.

A shavette using DE blades might not cut as clean as these blades as they are thinner and may bend more.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I‘m taking that into consideration.

I‘ll also check the DOVO blades as I‘m currently living in 40 km from Solingen (the town where they are being produced) - I guess they‘ll also have a good shavette.

Cheers,
Rado

I‘m taking that into consideration.

I‘ll also check the DOVO blades as I‘m currently living in 40 km from Solingen (the town where they are being produced) - I guess they‘ll also have a good shavette.

Cheers,
Rado

I'm pretty sure they do lol.

The only thing to note is if you are going to use DE blades use only the better blades like Nacet, feathers, BICs, GSBs etc due to the tough nature of your hair.
This site is reliable to me as the results mimic what I have experienced myself.

Razor Blade Sharpness Testing » refined shave

I got myself this to use w DE blades. $2.50 usd it's a no brainer.
SG$ 4.06 36%OFF | Straight Edge Barber Razor Professional Safety Folding Stainless Steel Salon Shaving Blades Shave Knife Shaving Machines Gift
SG$ 4.06 36%OFF | Straight Edge Barber Razor Professional Safety Folding Stainless Steel Salon Shaving Blades Shave Knife Shaving Machines Gift

Top Bottom