Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Slim

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • I like both equally

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I don't like either one

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
I have 2 Fatboys. No slim. I voted for the Fatboy just because its my favorite of my 17 other razors. I do have a 6S on its way though and I'm pondering a Mamba 70 or a Karve.

I prefer a slim to a Fatboy, but I still like the Fatboy. I prefer the Black Beauty over both the Slim and Fatboy. I guess that means I like any vintage Gillette adjustable. I have three Black Beauties, two Slims and one Fatboy. I still take the Fatboy for a spin occasionally.

Ive tried both, sold both....but between the two, preferred Fatboy...it just
felt right in the hand and was smoother to shave with.

9F76369C-64CF-4A36-9487-50AA81227E7D.jpeg
9D99AD77-33E2-4FE4-9824-86BD77016F30.jpeg
I have this Fat Boy and three SLIMs. Chris replated my 1964 SLIM, and it looks brand new. One of my SLIMs is new old stock with case that I probably paid too much for, but exuberance got the best of me.

I found this Fat Boy for $10 at an antique store and sent it to North Shore Razors. I don’t shave with these that often, but they are iconic to me. I like them both, but I find the SLIM a bit easier to use.

I voted for FB. The FB was the first razor I bought new. It just feels a bit better to me. However, they are close in performance.

I voted for Slim because I have one and for the price, but I just found a Fatboy at a good price.
This forum is a bad influence... It makes me buy things, it's not my fault! Lol

I voted for both. In the past I have used my Slim more often than my Fatboy, but recently I found a near mint Executive (Gold Fatboy) and I have been using it since. And I like it. For me its a tie.

I have a 61 Fat-Boy, two '62 Slim's, and a NDC Super Adjustable (Black tray). The Fat-Boy shaves the smoothest or most comfortable, the Slim a tad less smooth, but more efficient (note, blade gaps are +1 setting vs FB), and the Super a bit less smooth yet, and 1 setting higher in gap than a Slim, yet the most efficient even compensating for setting.

My favorite is the Fat-Boy, nice heft, thicker handle, and I prefer the angle a bit more.

One on left is all Delta Echo, sent Jay a template that he followed perfectly. The one on the left is based on the gold SA color scheme. The one on the right is a collaboration between Jay and Chris Evatt. That one is based on the color scheme of the black bottom dial Fatboy.

Attachments

• 065F30BD-6C66-4A88-8EFC-7DEBDA75B893.jpeg
    065F30BD-6C66-4A88-8EFC-7DEBDA75B893.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 27
Choices!!! I have a Fatboy than was my dads. Nice shave. Bought a couple Slim’s at good prices and find them just a bit better for me. Will keep, and use, them both.

This darn thread got me excited.........Just cost me some money. Now I really need to sell some of my collection.....Bought the below, a 1960 supposedly NOS. Also, a $30 1954 Superspeed that looked in nice condition. I'm probably one of the guys that get over excited and pay too much. I already have merkur, razorrock, Karve which I all love. I guess this will be my show piece.

upload_2019-5-5_20-11-18.png

This darn thread got me excited.........Just cost me some money. Now I really need to sell some of my collection.....Bought the below, a 1960 supposedly NOS. Also, a $30 1954 Superspeed that looked in nice condition. I'm probably one of the guys that get over excited and pay too much. I already have merkur, razorrock, Karve which I all love. I guess this will be my show piece.

View attachment 978341
Not NOS I'm afraid but what I would call mint condition. I've only ever seen a handful of true NOS Fatboys still in blister packaging.

Top Bottom