What's new

Aramis Havana EDT

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Better than ARAMIS??? You're not afraid that the ghost of Charles Bronson isn't gonna come to you in the night and take you to task for that?

No. In fact, I got my bottle of Aramis from a dead guy ...

Dead man's colognes

Havana is a true bay rum cologne; I really like it. Aramis kind of gets lost in a pack of very good similar/such: Quorum, Aramis, Azzaro PH ... a few others. Solid, unique, but. Not the end of the world.

AA

No. In fact, I got my bottle of Aramis from a dead guy ...

Dead man's colognes

Havana is a true bay rum cologne; I really like it. Aramis kind of gets lost in a pack of very good similar/such: Quorum, Aramis, Azzaro PH ... a few others. Solid, unique, but. Not the end of the world.

AA

I salute the departed. I have Aramis Havana on my list. As I am digesting my sizable collection these days, I am realizing that Aramis is maybe as close to a signature scent as I get. I wanna try Devin and 900 as well. I just ordered Aramis Adventurer and it should get here today. A risky purchase, I know, but I had to know what Aramis "blue" would smell like. I love the concept of blue fragrances, but they're always disappointing and wimpy. Fingers crossed.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I salute the departed. I have Aramis Havana on my list. As I am digesting my sizable collection these days, I am realizing that Aramis is maybe as close to a signature scent as I get. I wanna try Devin and 900 as well. I just ordered Aramis Adventurer and it should get here today. A risky purchase, I know, but I had to know what Aramis "blue" would smell like. I love the concept of blue fragrances, but they're always disappointing and wimpy. Fingers crossed.

Blue/aquatics give me headaches, for the most part. Not sure why. Calone, I guess.

80s, 90s fougeres and woody/orientals seem to be my preference.

AA

Defintiely @Ad Astra. Calone needs to be used in small doses. It ruins a lot of fragrances for me, namely Aspen (blech!), if that's the same thing.

I will report back in Aramis Adventurer.

Aramis Havana is a classic tobacco scent, great stuff!

trumpers coconut muehle schulze wednesday aramis havana april 10 2019.jpg

The original version was sublime.
I like the new one ....but it is not the same depth at all.

I just got the arama havana edt and it is quote good and quite affordable. I have the original aramis and I find the havana to be a better scent.

I like Havana, but it should have a heavier tobacco scent. I've got some tobacco absolute I'm going to add to a decant bottle of Havana.
I may also try adding some Virginia Cedar to another decant. This Virginia Cedar has a nice smoky note to it, along with the dirty pencil shaving smell.

There was a time I looked everywhere for Havana, the hiatus between the "old" and new versions....they thought I was crazy when asking for it. New is OK, but agree not as good as the old one....still an amazing scent

Certainly a very worthy flanker to the original, which has the added benefit of a matching AS splash with the best face feel out of any I've tried.

Top Bottom