What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'd agree. Criminal I think fits that description.
_____

I watched this the other night.

I didnt mind it.

Not a ringing endorsement but I'll probably try it. I've seen some bad reviews, but I sometimes like movies the critics hate. They don't know a good movie, many of them, and are jaded on movies, and like some politically correct subjects a lot more than "normal" people.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I saw part of "Triple Frontier" a couple of days ago myself. Didn't seem too bad. Not exactly something I'd watch again. But, overall not bad.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Not a ringing endorsement but I'll probably try it. I've seen some bad reviews, but I sometimes like movies the critics hate. They don't know a good movie, many of them, and are jaded on movies, and like some politically correct subjects a lot more than "normal" people.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thats why I use IMDb. I found with Rotten Tomatoes I disagree with almost every review but on IMDb I seem to agree with most reviews.

I trust IMDb reviews and rating scores so much now that if a movie rates below a 6 I generally dont watch it. There are the odd ratings I dont agree with though. Annihilation for example is rated 6.9 and Triple Frontier a 6.5. I dont think they're even remotely that close and I'd rate Annihilation a solid 8 or 8.5, but thats me. Both are good but Annihilation is outstanding. Triple Frontier is a story thats been told before in many ways, Annihilation is unique and very intelligent.

When it came to movie critics, these guys set the standard. They were always right on the money even if they didnt agree with each other.

ZZ66AF9500.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Currently watching “The Omega Man” starring Charlton Heston. One of my favourite actors from the older Hollywood.

I've got a backlog of movies to watch. I gave up on Holmes and Watson, that was just horrid. I'm tempted to re-watch some favorites to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've been watching the various Thin Man movies. The series includes about six or seven movies. I have all of 'em in my Vudu stash because both my wife and I enjoy watching them, particularly together. There are not that many movies we both enjoy, especially enough to watch several times over the years. Even the lesser movies in the series are fun for us. The best are great examples of their genre.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've been watching the various Thin Man movies. The series includes about six or seven movies. I have all of 'em in my Vudu stash because both my wife and I enjoy watching them, particularly together. There are not that many movies we both enjoy, especially enough to watch several times over the years. Even the lesser movies in the series are fun for us. The best are great examples of their genre.

Happy shaves,

Jim
agreed, one of the more successful hollywood film series ever made, I fell in love with Myrna Loy because of the Thin Man.

RODAN, the original uncut Japanese version. The US version was a TV favorite from my childhood on Million Dollar Movie in the late 50s, along with King Kong and Godzilla. Besides the Japanese version of Rodan being 10 minutes longer and subtitled instead of dubbed, the biggest difference is that there is no narration over the ending death scene like the US version. 60+ years later, it's still a better movie than most CGI's today.

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Netflix film Devil At The Crossroads

I never heard of Robert Johnson so had no idea how influential his music was. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Best English subtitle in the 1956 Japanese version of RODAN. I don't know how close the dialog translates.
worker 1: Awfully hot today. The earth is getting hotter and hotter.
worker 2: You mean global warming?
worker 1: If the snow at the north and south poles melt, the earth will be flooded all over.
worker 2: No thanks.
(Both laugh)

Top Bottom