What's new

Steve/Graydog is a bad man

For the benefit of this thread, here is the jewel that Graydog bestowed on me.
I chose the 24mm synth knot to match the coloring of the very pretty maple walnut handle.

MaplwWalnut.jpg

Well the box of badness arrived in my mail box (well the slip did and I went to the mall to pick it up). The brushes are absolutely wonderful, the pictures don't do them justice!

Can't wait for tomorrow morning to get here to give one a try, as well as some of the other goodies the rest of the bad people (@rockviper , @Somnos , and @T.Orso) threw in.

20190416_183105.jpg

Well the box of badness arrived in my mail box (well the slip did and I went to the mall to pick it up). The brushes are absolutely wonderful, the pictures don't do them justice!

Can't wait for tomorrow morning to get here to give one a try, as well as some of the other goodies the rest of the bad people (@rockviper , @Somnos , and @T.Orso) threw in.

View attachment 973037
Nice gear from very generous people, but I have to ask, what is that thing that looks like crocheted bacon?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
... and the veal was great! :001_tongu

My bacon strip came in as well today! Lotsa fan on the ends, but a meaty middle :thumbup1:

I'm not much on reviews...so I'll keep it short. The Graydog brush has a beautiful handle and a horsehair knot. This is my first time using horsehair; it was a great combination of splay and backbone to whip up a great lather with good face feel. It worked well face lathering and I suspect it'd do well bowl lathering (which I do infrequently).

The Arko was also new to me and PIF in the goody box. I enjoyed the scent, a bit of citrus and something else (?, I'm terrible at scents). It was like a citrus Cella. First time using a shave soap stick, I think (I know) I applied too much onto my face. I ran the stick over my face until there was white film on my face. The soap was nice and slick.

Oh and some coffee, I love morning coffee. Great shave all in on and looking forward to the next one!

Love the bacon bookmark. That must have been interesting to make. I've knitted a bit but never with yarn thin enough to use as a bookmark. And I've never felted.
Who made it?

Love the bacon bookmark. That must have been interesting to make. I've knitted a bit but never with yarn thin enough to use as a bookmark. And I've never felted.
Who made it?
That was me! Definitely a fun project, and pretty quick, as knitting projects go. Felting takes a couple of minutes.

PM me if you want some general instructions.

Well, no picture today. I used the horsie brush again this morning, absolute pleasure! I was rushed for time this morning to get to work, so used my existing soap and no sample. The brush handle is a beauty and very ergonomic and comfortable to use.

I am thinking maybe one more go with the Horsie before cleaning it up and sending back to @Somnos.

Top Bottom