What's new

Sometimes I see the Other Side’s Point

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I agree. However, there are several factors. The cost of living here is just hard to take. I love the Adirondacks, and have had a great time hunting in them. However, when taxes in other states are as much as $3600 a year for property & school taxes, in addition to other costs, it is really hard to stay here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hear ya.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
How dare you! That's all copy/paste brother. :)

Oh, so you're a lazy long winded fellow. You could still run all the windmills in West Texas...from Oklahoma.

I agree. However, there are several factors. The cost of living here is just hard to take. I love the Adirondacks, and have had a great time hunting in them. However, when taxes in other states are as much as $3600 a year for property & school taxes, in addition to other costs, it is really hard to stay here.

I hear ya. When I moved from Oklahoma to Texas there was a surprise for me...no tax on food and no State income tax. There is a bill in State Legislature to reduce the property tax now. I don't blame you for wanting to get out...it seems to be a fad up there. I wonder why?

OkieStubble

Simply have never been able to enjoy almost any of that genre. I've tried and still try but I have not even been able to get through the new "Outlaws" movie. I've tried but so many modern movies just really annoy me including all the Ring movies and Star War ones, even the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones.

Now I have read the books several times over with pleasure but just can't abide the movies.

While I don't own any antique firearms, I do very much enjoy, seeing the pics you post of yours and reading of their history and of your experiences with them. And I wouldn't trade that for any other sub-forum out there. :)

OkieStubble

Oh, so you're a lazy long winded fellow.

Pretty much, yeah.

You could still run all the windmills in West Texas...from Oklahoma.

Maybe I should start charging you for electricity then...

I hear ya. When I moved from Oklahoma to Texas there was a surprise for me...no tax on food and no State income tax. There is a bill in State Legislature to reduce the property tax now. I don't blame you for wanting to get out...it seems to be a fad up there. I wonder why?

Sooner born, Sooner bred?

My one promise is that I will leave ideas that are ruining NY far behind. We are losing people at an increasing pace up here.

Tennessee sales tax is insane. 9.25% on EVERYTHING except medical related expenses. Yes...even all food.
But.
No state income taxes. Property tax last year on the house and acreage was less than $1500.
County fees like truck tags, etc., about $35 a year.
Need a big ticket item? Large grocery purchase? We drive 10 minutes to Georgia. 7% sales tax.
Tennessee law allows open carry, no real restrictions on knives, no purchase waiting or other tedious restrictions.
Yep. We’re very content here in the mountains.
=========================
Now, anyone able to articulate a practical
Non-military application for that silly looking AK 47 yet? I mean that is what started this whole thread.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Non-military application for that silly looking AK 47 yet? I mean that is what started this whole thread.

I can't think of much, unless somebody just wants to do it. There are other options. If they want to do that...may God bless them...I don't mind.

Tennessee sales tax is insane. 9.25% on EVERYTHING except medical related expenses. Yes...even all food.
But.
No state income taxes. Property tax last year on the house and acreage was less than $1500.
County fees like truck tags, etc., about $35 a year.
Need a big ticket item? Large grocery purchase? We drive 10 minutes to Georgia. 7% sales tax.
Tennessee law allows open carry, no real restrictions on knives, no purchase waiting or other tedious restrictions.
Yep. We’re very content here in the mountains.
=========================

This is why I always look at the total cost of living

The AK? It's fun to shoot. I would love to have one.

why an AK/AR? Big city/suburb 5v1 armed home invasions. There’s enough examples of that lately.

The only other example I can think of is political, even here in the US.

The 7.62x39 round is ballistically very close to a .30-30; the 7.62 may be 100 fps or so slower pushing a 150 gr. projectile.
Hence, it would be a legit choice for deer, hog, or other similar game.
.223/5.56 is a tad lightweight for that purpose...so says collective opinion.
For Florida deer (aka Dogs with Horns), an AR would probably be fine. I’ll stay with my Henry lever for that though.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Do you see 20 pounds of gadgets on that rifle? I don't.

It has a red dot? AK-47 iron sights suck. It has a forward vertical grip? Plastic and very light, but comes in very handy when wielding an AK. It has a telescoping buttstock, like most sporting rifles of this type do, and it has a raised cheek piece for better sighting and a flashlight if needed for inside work.

It doesn't have a magnifier, it doesn't have infra-red or any other type of laser. Pretty bare bones for an AK if you ask me. :)

Pffft! I had to go back and look! Thought it was an AR - couldn't even tell under all the junk!

AA :001_tongu

The 7.62x39 round is ballistically very close to a .30-30; the 7.62 may be 100 fps or so slower pushing a 150 gr. projectile.
Hence, it would be a legit choice for deer, hog, or other similar game.
.223/5.56 is a tad lightweight for that purpose...so says collective opinion.
For Florida deer (aka Dogs with Horns), an AR would probably be fine. I’ll stay with my Henry lever for that though.
I recently sold my AR and bought a Henry .22lr (plus a couple other 22's) with the proceeds. First lever rifle I've owned, looking forward to seeing the grin on grandson's face this summer.

Top Bottom