What's new

A very generous gift from DCRIII

This was a Christmas gift Dave (@DCRIII ) sent me. I should’ve posted a pic during the holidays but like many I was quite busy. I have no excuse for not posting one afterwards so Dave, please forgive me. This is his famous barber pole brush which I love. I’ve made a lot of brushes but I can’t make one like this, and that makes it special. He also sent me some Donkey Milk soap which is most excellent for my extremely sensitive skin. I develop a sensitivity to probably 80% of the creams & soaps I try so this one is a relief. Dave, thank you for your kindness during the holidays. This was a thoughtful and completely unexpected gift and like I said, it’s a special brush. You rock man!

5F7EA648-2AB8-4799-A49D-2E5BE70330D7.jpeg

This was a Christmas gift Dave (@DCRIII ) sent me. I should’ve posted a pic during the holidays but like many I was quite busy. I have no excuse for not posting one afterwards so Dave, please forgive me. This is his famous barber pole brush which I love. I’ve made a lot of brushes but I can’t make one like this, and that makes it special. He also sent me some Donkey Milk soap which is most excellent for my extremely sensitive skin. I develop a sensitivity to probably 80% of the creams & soaps I try so this one is a relief. Dave, thank you for your kindness during the holidays. This was a thoughtful and completely unexpected gift and like I said, it’s a special brush. You rock man!

View attachment 971207
Beautiful brush.

Beautiful brush, love the pearl shimmer in the colours. I'm intrigued as to how you get cast resin to twist like that.

Wow that's beautiful. It looks like glass.
It would be interesting to see how that is made! I could hazard a guess, but some things are better left mysteries.

You're quite welcome Jay, I'm very happy to hear that you like them!

LOVE THEM!!!

Wow that's beautiful. It looks like glass.
It would be interesting to see how that is made! I could hazard a guess, but some things are better left mysteries.

I have half an idea but I still can’t figure it out! Pretty ingenious of him. I agree some things are better left mysteries. Even if I knew I’d never tell, this is Dave’s thing and I’d keep it that way. Nonetheless I’ve still spent way too much time trying to figure it out.

The brush is nice , but that soap is the bees knees:)

My skin loves it! It’s one of a very few I’ve tried that I get absolutely no tingle/burning/irritation from whatsoever.

Beautiful brush, love the pearl shimmer in the colours. I'm intrigued as to how you get cast resin to twist like that.

I like the shimmer of the mica too. He could’ve used opaque dyes which might look more authentic but the mica adds a lot of depth and certainly makes for a far better looking brush.

I like the shimmer of the mica too. He could’ve used opaque dyes which might look more authentic but the mica adds a lot of depth and certainly makes for a far better looking brush.

I'm really curious as to how you'd get the colours separated evenly. Are they cast all together or cast and bonded afterwards?

@CigarSmoka I looked on Google a fair bit and although I see other soaps with donkeys I can't find that soap. Do you know the source for it?

This was a special gift from a friend :wink:

I'm really curious as to how you'd get the colours separated evenly. Are they cast all together or cast and bonded afterwards?

Sorry but even though I know that part I won’t tell because Dave is a friend and this style is his baby. I hope you understand. Still, I can’t do it myself because I can’t figure the rest out, and I’m happy with that being his secret. I’m sure he spent a lot of time and I know for a fact he spent some serious coin to work the process out. Resin ain’t cheap and he went through a lot to get it right.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This was a special gift from a friend :wink:

Sorry but even though I know that part I won’t tell because Dave is a friend and this style is his baby. I hope you understand. Still, I can’t do it myself because I can’t figure the rest out, and I’m happy with that being his secret. I’m sure he spent a lot of time and I know for a fact he spent some serious coin to work the process out. Resin ain’t cheap and he went through a lot to get it right.
I know how he did it:

Magic!

Top Bottom